Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iApplereviews

Suspended
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
I watch my ring camera like a hawk when I know I have a UPS delivery. This year I have the $40 UPS Premium membership free (thanks to T-Mobile Tuesday) until the end of the year so I’m going to pick a 2 hour window for my iPhone delivery.
FedEx has been to lazy to walk up my front porch steps to put the package at the door much less ring the doorbell and that was long before COVID. I'm lucky if they put it far enough up to keep it out of the rain.

Reactions: Lsmachado

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah but has nothing to do with Apple. There is defiantly going to be a large amount of people opting for delivery rather than going to a crowded store and possibly waiting in line this time around.

There are no crowded stores or lines. Guess you haven’t gone to a store since COVID. But hey, thank you all for opting for delivery.

iApplereviews

Suspended
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
One thing I question is the Leather wallet and Apple Card. When I got my Apple Card it specifically said that leather will discolor and affect the titanium over time. But then Apple comes out with a leather wallet and shows the Apple Card going in it?
[automerge]1602976842[/automerge]
There are no crowded stores or lines. Guess you haven’t gone to a store since COVID. But hey, thank you all for opting for delivery.
I have been and sure they weren't as busy. But you don't think on an iPhone release they would be a bit more crowded?

UltimateToybox

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2020
an update: phone was still processing so I called my bank to see if anything was wrong on their end. turns out somehow the ccv in Apple Pay was wrong and it wouldn't go through. they told me I would have to remove and re-add the card which means I would have to place a new order. called apple, switched the payment method, and we're back on track for delivery next week!

tl;dr -- if your phone is still processing, something may be wrong!! call your bank and apple to see if there's anything they can help with!

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
The thing that threw me is that the SIM Free model was available at launch. I would guess that supply was better than expected. When I bought the X, the SIM free wasn't available for at least a month, though the 8 was available at preorder.

That’s good news because I’m buying a SIM-free 12 Pro Max when it go live for preordering.

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
No unfortunately it is bloody rocket science; under Apple's idiot online/offline differing systems.

It's using their pre-agreed online 24mth finance. And anyway, there's this small thing called Covid tier 2, causing chaos in London town on top!
Sorry for your iPhone arrival date. Also Sorry for Covid spreading in Europe. Our daughter lives in the NL and I worry about them. I follow news in Europe and hope things improve there and that you get your iPhone sooner than stated since you’re trapped at home. I never leave my house in California either so I am excited to receive my 12 Pro Max new toy in November. Good luck with your iPhone and good luck with Covid Tier Two in the UK

Reactions: dyfine

iApplereviews

Suspended
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
an update: phone was still processing so I called my bank to see if anything was wrong on their end. turns out somehow the ccv in Apple Pay was wrong and it wouldn't go through. they told me I would have to remove and re-add the card which means I would have to place a new order. called apple, switched the payment method, and we're back on track for delivery next week!

tl;dr -- if your phone is still processing, something may be wrong!! call your bank and apple to see if there's anything they can help with!
I used the wrong card on my first order and did a second one with the correct card. I got an email in 30 minutes saying the payment couldn't be processed. Pretty sure if there was an issue you would know by now Apple has already put holds on all the orders placed Friday.

theonekcrow

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Indiana
If you are seeing Wednesday and Tuesday, that is when the phone reaches the USA. Then it will be handed to the usa carriers who will ship out Thursday overnight to get it Friday. Tech reviewers will get theirs on Tuesday from apple themselves .

If it is anything like the Apple Watch was, they may already have their units. At least the big name players anyways. They are probably still embargoed until Tuesday or wednesday.

iApplereviews

Suspended
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
Couriers* my mistake
Still incorrect. It's being shipped UPS from China to your door. The tracking is your tracking its not tracking from china to the USA it's for the whole way. Believe me done this for years.
[automerge]1602977337[/automerge]
If it is anything like the Apple Watch was, they may already have their units. At least the big name players anyways. They are probably still embargoed until Tuesday or wednesday.
Heard embargo was Monday.

Reactions: theonekcrow

theonekcrow

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Indiana
Still incorrect. It's being shipped UPS from China to your door. The tracking is your tracking its not tracking from china to the USA it's for the whole way. Believe me done this for years.
[automerge]1602977337[/automerge]

Heard embargo was Monday.

That is good to know. I am interested to hear the reviewer’s thoughts.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC

From my past experiences using Apple Pay a few times my orders wouldn’t process with Apple Pay but I used the same physical card and had success. This year, I’m going to call my bank and let them know I will have a $1500 purchase and to not deny it. I’m not using that card in Apple Pay.

Reactions: kazmac

iApplereviews

Suspended
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
From my past experiences using Apple Pay a few times my orders wouldn’t process with Apple Pay but I used the same physical card and had success. This year, I’m going to call my bank and let them know I will have a $1500 purchase and to not deny it. I’m not using that card in Apple Pay.
I've had that as well not online through. Some stores if I try to use Apple Pay with my debit card it declines. Apple Pay will work with my credit cards and the physical debit card works fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.