Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iApplereviews

Suspended
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
Design wise iPhone 12/12 Pro have best phone of 2020 from me. iOS 14 has been doing well and even before the 12 is in my hand I love the edges updated size and just overall look. I'm sure once I have it feel will be awesome too.

Reactions: CarolG and Pipper99

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
So, I was just re-watching the official commercial from Apple for the iPhone Pro Max model. Damnnn! they did an outstanding job! The whole commercial is on point! The music, colors, theme, and so much more...

Doing the same with the iPhone 12 commercial ?‍♂️? really need to stop punishing ourselves while our phones aren’t here yet. ?

Apple is always on point with their marketing.

Reactions: CarolG

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
For my Apple Watch Series 6, I wasn’t able to have it held at the customer center, even though the hold request went through on UPS. I went to the customer center to see what was up and they said they weren’t able to hold Apple packages for pickup due to security reasons. You may have a different experience, though. This was the first time it happened to me. It ended up on the delivery truck regardless and it got delivered later in the day.

That’s weird. I’ve never heard about it being a security issue holding Apple Products. My hub always have 2 lines. One for Apple pickups and the other for regular customers not picking up Apple orders.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
My first iphone was the 3G. It launched in the summer. I showed up at noon and stood in line in the midday Texas heat for 3 hours to get that thing because they had to be activated in store, and it was a looong process. Whew! The guy in front of me was so excited to get one, but when he was finally with an Apple rep, there was an issue with AT&T, and they couldn’t sell him one.

iApplereviews

Suspended
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
I just realized I won’t have 3D Touch on my 12 Pro Max. I’ve become so accustomed to using it I don’t know how long I’m going to adapt to Haptic Touch. I haven’t even updated my S4 to WatchOS 7 yet. I might keep it on 6.2.8.
3D Touch hasn't worked on the iPhone since iOS 13 I believe even if the phone supports it. So if your on 13/14 what your using is Haptic Touch and you never realized it. Works the same way just uses slightly longer presses rather than pressure.

Reactions: CarolG

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
3D Touch hasn't worked on the iPhone since iOS 13 I believe even if the phone supports it. So if your on 13/14 what your using is Haptic Touch and you never realized it. Works the same way just uses slightly longer presses rather than pressure.

3D Touch is still working on models that support it, will miss it when I get rid of my xs max. ?

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC

Question. Is me being able to move the cursor on the keyboard part of 3D Touch?

iApplereviews

Suspended
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
Question. Is me being able to move the cursor on the keyboard part of 3D Touch?
No you can do that without. Long press on the space bar and you can move all over the keyboard area to move the cursor. Basically 99% of 3D Touch features still exist just in a long press rather than pressure. But it's not long enough to the point you even really notice it's touch based not pressure based.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
No you can do that without. Long press on the space bar and you can move all over the keyboard area to move the cursor. Basically 99% of 3D Touch features still exist just in a long press rather than pressure. But it's not long enough to the point you even really notice it's touch based not pressure based.

Good to know. I’m not ready to give it up on my S4. That’s going to stay on 6.2.8 as long as possible.

iApplereviews

Suspended
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
BAD!!!! happens every year lmao!!!
Have always said if Apple came out with a toaster I'd for some reason see a need for it and somehow find my self pre ordering a toaster.
[automerge]1602990308[/automerge]
Good to know. I’m not ready to give it up on my S4. That’s going to stay on 6.2.8 as long as possible.
Ya the watch is a bit different. Some menus are long press and some are another button. Like messages isn't a long press to get options you just scroll up and there's a new message button.

Reactions: LFC2020

decypher44

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2007
Orange County, CA
It’s weird. I keep checking on the UPS app to see if its shown up yet, and I only see the two items I was already expecting. The weird part is one of them is the new iMac. I haven’t purchased an iMac in over a decade, and the last Mac computer I purchased was my late-2013 Retina MBP. So here I am, with a brand new 27” iMac coming my way, and I’m bummed because my ip12 isn’t there yet. 🤣🤣😂🤣🤣 Ok, now I’m getting excited for the iMac again. 🤣😂

First world problems. Need to remind myself to be grateful for everything.

cousintim

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2015
My first iphone was the 3G. It launched in the summer. I showed up at noon and stood in line in the midday Texas heat for 3 hours to get that thing because they had to be activated in store, and it was a looong process.

That was not my experience. I ordered the 3G directly from AT&T and it was delivered the day after Launch Day. IIRC, I activated it by phone, but I definitely did it at home.

dyfine

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
Reactions: Pipper99
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.