Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quPham90

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2019
Chicago, IL
I’m doing in-store pickup on Friday at 9:30 am (iPhone 12 Pro 256 Graphite). Credit card just got charged, Apple Store app shows my pickup reservation for Friday. I always choose shipping to the house but kind of messed up this year and ended up with a delivery scheduled for mid November. Fortunately when I was checking out I saw the option to choose in-store pickup for 10/23. So, leave it to me to end up with in-store pickup in a COVID year.
I am doing in store pick-up too since I live close to one. What is your status? mine is still saying processing

Seth Matthews

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2015
The Ether
I am hoping someone can help me out. I ordered my iPhone from Apple and paid outright sim free. Because my company is paying for it this year and I used my company CC, it is being shipped to my business. MyChoice appears to only be for home deliveries. Is there a way I can find my tracking number another way?

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
I’m getting a little frosty seeing everyone’s tracking process and yet my order is still processing. I ordered within the first ten minutes and Apple support is giving the stock “scheduled for the 23rd” line.

You can check both your CC company and Apple, via chat. Check that your CC charged correctly. Some have been stuck on pending because their security code wasn't correct.

I used my Apple Card. I don't have that issue. But if you need to update your payment information, that has helps some, stuck on Pending.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
Well my phone, plum silicone case and iPad Air are all “preparing to ship” but nothing on my choice.

Reactions: DianaMR

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Don't worry, I've been ordering from Apple many years now and I know they deliver on the date they have mentioned or even before. They're usually never late. Realistically it takes about 3-5 business days from China to US.

I've actually been in Korea the day before, and it's arrived in California the next day. I can't recall when it left China but because of the date change it kind of screwed up the date order. so a Thursday departure and Friday arrival is feasible, at least to California.

That included stops in Anchorage and then Louisville back to LA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anandc

NotApplicable

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2019
The AC+ proof of coverage email lists the following as the product:

IPHONE 12 PRO,NAMM,256GB,SILVER

The NAMM is new this year. What do we think it stands for? North America + mmWave?

stoster38

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
North Hollywood
My order hasn't updated to shipping yet but in the past I was able to use my mobile number, as a reference number, on the UPS site to get the tracking number. I did that again and it shows something in transit. However this time only the last 4 numbers are showing. The rest are Xs. Anyone else getting that too? Is this something new, that Apple, might have asked UPS to do? Or is the full number only available if you have UPS account?

Wyvernspirit

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
Massachusetts
It will likely sit on a shipping pallet until Monday or Tuesday.

It is set to deliver today, for both.

The real surprise is UPS has a Third Tracking number from AI that is "scheduled for Wednesday the 21st" with an "Exception" listed. Apple does not report any tracking info though it is saying that it is preparing to ship the iPhone.

iApplereviews

Suspended
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
My order hasn't updated to shipping yet but in the past I was able to use my mobile number, as a reference number, on the UPS site to get the tracking number. I did that again and it shows something in transit. However this time only the last 4 numbers are showing. The rest are Xs. Anyone else getting that too? Is this something new, that Apple, might have asked UPS to do?
you have to login to a my choice account.

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
My order hasn't updated to shipping yet but in the past I was able to use my mobile number, as a reference number, on the UPS site to get the tracking number. I did that again and it shows something in transit. However this time only the last 4 numbers are showing. The rest are Xs. Anyone else getting that too? Is this something new, that Apple, might have asked UPS to do? Or is the full number only available if you have UPS account?

Could be because it said Wednesday the 21st for a lot of us. But now it's showing the same thing on mine online.

The app still shows Wednesday though. I'm assuming that is wrong, and will be held till Friday

Wyvernspirit

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
Massachusetts
iPhone 12 Pro Order.png

Preparing to ship... But I think UPS spoiled the Tracking number reveal to me already.

Reactions: DianaMR

Wyvernspirit

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
Massachusetts
Could be because it said Wednesday the 21st for a lot of us. But now it's showing the same thing on mine online.

The app still shows Wednesday though. I'm assuming that is wrong, and will be held till Friday

Mine is showing Wednesday... with an exception, which is probably placed by apple giving a specific date to them.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Still nothing on my choice account for wife's 12 Pro to be delivered Friday, did receive AppleCare+ activation this morning from Apple so should be on track still.

meetsam23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
Fwiw, UPS was showing my case and charger arriving today all weekend - even got a notification from UPS it would be delivered today last night. Apple still showing them as delivery Wednesday and sure enough, no scans this morning, not on any vehicle for delivery, UPS showing today but last scan remains Friday in Ontario, CA so.. I think we need to be taking UPS delivery estimates with many grains of salt.
Same for my MagSafe charger. Supposed to arrive today as per ups and Apple, but no arrival scan or out for delivery scan today. Last scan is in Ontario, CA for Friday

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.