Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

karmamule

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2008
Waltham, MA
Dear UPS mychoice: unless my phone is flying directly from Anchorage to my house this
F4615938-2B6D-4173-B5A9-D8AFF4DF1C3E.jpeg
is not happening today. STOP TEASING ME with these false promises! :p

Last edited:

wingnut8

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
I think if you buy two phones at the same time, you can pick them up together. But if you got one after another, I think you'd have to wait.
Bummer. I made the original one for 8am and then bought another a couple of hours later and all that was left was noon.

Reactions: Dpcanon

grouch92

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
We have important papers, jewelry, electronics and chargers, etc.ready to go if necessary. List of things we would need to take right away. I hope it will rain someday so everyone can relax about the fires for awhile. The fires are not the kind of distraction from iPhone tracking that anyone needs to have. Glad you are okay and the fire is out.
Thanks! I did have one fleeting, unnerving thought during the crisis. What if my house burned down? Where would they deliver my phone? Of course I could go pick it up, but I didn't think of that at first. :)

Once they contained the fire, I set up a 2 hour UPS delivery window for my iPhone as a treat for my big pre-Halloween scary trick.

I have a "bug out" supplies in my suitcases. Used to travel a lot, so always kept duplicate supplies in them, then all I had to do was pack a few things later. That includes chargers and cords neatly wrapped to go through TSA easier. I have few important dead trees important papers. Most now are electronic now. The others I store in a safe deposit box or scan and store in the cloud, so I don't have to worry about them at the last minute.

• Love
Reactions: CarolG

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Dear UPS mychoice: unless my phone is flying directly from Anchorage to my house this View attachment 970416 is not happening today. STOP TEASING ME with these false promises! :p
Mine is still stuck that way, too. I went ahead and updated my delivery choice to hold at my nearest Customer Center. Resigned to Friday pickup. I'm still a bit anxious as I've done holds like this on the past launches and sometimes the phones still go on the truck and I have to then wait for it to get back to home base.?

karmamule

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2008
Waltham, MA
Mine is still stuck that way, too. I went ahead and updated my delivery choice to hold at my nearest Customer Center. Resigned to Friday pickup. I'm still a bit anxious as I've done holds like this on the past launches and sometimes the phones still go on the truck and I have to then wait for it to get back to home base.?

At least in this crazy year I'm working from home every day so I can let mine be delivered. I'll certainly be here for the signature!

Reactions: AppleFeller

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

They still go to your home??? that's crazy. I've always had luck with the CC, the scary part is sometimes the date disappears about delivery till it gets scanned in.

Then I'm already on my way to CC when they open and I haven't received the confirmation that it's available yet.

I've been in a group that has to wait about 20 minutes for them to move them from the HUB to the CC building which is across the street. I have to tell you, the UPS people are always friendly and the fellow iPhoners are usually pleasant also, it's kind of funny seeing the same faces year after year.

Reactions: julit0 and Pipper99

quomaru

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2020
Still stuck with the 11:57 ZZ arrival, buuuut the charge from Apple is no longer pending so it’s definitely on the way.

For fun, I looked back in the Deliveries app to my iPhone 7 Plus from 2016 and it looks like it did the same thing, just a straight jump from China to Louisville (where I’m located). Don’t worry 11:57 crew, you’ll get it, even if it doesn’t update til Friday!

ChewyB

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2020
Anyone else have Apple show delivery as 10/23 still, but also Preparing to Ship? Doesn't seem likely...

en0x

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2008
So I have UPS to redirect my package to UPS access point location as I will be out of town on Friday and saturday

currently UPS says that
Code:
Delivery to a UPS Access Point™ location is pending.

Any idea when this will be updated and reflect that will be redirected to access point? I heard it will be updated once it gets to distribution center, can someone confirm?

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
They still go to your home??? that's crazy. I've always had luck with the CC, the scary part is sometimes the date disappears about delivery till it gets scanned in.

Then I'm already on my way to CC when they open and I haven't received the confirmation that it's available yet.

I've been in a group that has to wait about 20 minutes for them to move them from the HUB to the CC building which is across the street. I have to tell you, the UPS people are always friendly and the fellow iPhoners are usually pleasant also, it's kind of funny seeing the same faces year after year.

It is kinda funny seeing the same people each year. "Hey, I remember you!"

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
I seem to be seeing fewer posts from people with multiple orders by undecided folks. Look at two sizes or colors. Send one back. Delay orders to people who ordered later and provide a source for early repl units.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.