Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Phone will you order?

• iPhone 8

Votes: 19 1.2%
  • iPhone 8 plus

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • iPhone X

Votes: 1,527 96.6%

• Total voters

MrP90

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2017
Florida
Congrats. Really hope we get ours tomorrow. :)
[doublepost=1506041033][/doublepost]

You really think that if it ships tonight it could possibly arrive tomorrow? :D

I ordered on the 19th (Delivery date Sept 26th) and just a while ago, my order status changed to "Preparing to ship" and my credit card was charged. Is there a chance I might get mine tomorrow as well ? Does Apple ship to arrive on a Saturday for iPhones?

Reactions: BigMcGuire

Dominar

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
Northernmost NY State

Attachments

• 69B7DAEA-3791-4C2A-960F-E4D38F5E4EF0.jpeg
    69B7DAEA-3791-4C2A-960F-E4D38F5E4EF0.jpeg
    461.5 KB · Views: 183
Reactions: BlueSpruce

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I ordered on the 19th (Delivery date Sept 26th) and just a while ago, my order status changed to "Preparing to ship" and my credit card was charged. Is there a chance I might get mine tomorrow as well ? Does Apple ship to arrive on a Saturday for iPhones?

This is a good question. Since this is the first time I’ve preordered an iPhone I have no clue. I’m really hoping so :).

crystalseth

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2016
Pennsylvania

I can't speak for whether your phone will come soon or not, but I did receive my MacBook Pro last fall on a Saturday :) so it's possible

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

No scheduled deliveries on Saturday. Last year there was some kind of screw up with my delivery and I did get it on Saturday, but it was scheduled for Friday and it just came a day late.

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007
Good luck everyone!! Hope the rest of you get your tracking numbers late tonight. 3 years ago I didn't my tracking number til 2am Friday of launch day. Had my phone by 11am.

MrP90

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2017
Florida
Good luck everyone!! Hope the rest of you get your tracking numbers late tonight. 3 years ago I didn't my tracking number til 2am Friday of launch day. Had my phone by 11am.

If I have UPS MyChoice, shouldn't I get the notification about the shipment as well? That is normally how I hold my packages at the hub for pickup (I live 5 minutes away)

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012

This is what I hope will happen to those of us who just had their status change to shipping :)

oops1975

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
Frisco, TX
Anyone with in store pick up, please post when your status changes.
My status is still "Order In Progress" however, I just chatted with a rep and he said that there should be no issues and go to store at the time we chose. I have 8 to 8.30 slot. Planning to be there by 7.45 or so.

emperormacnut

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2011
My status is still "Order In Progress" however, I just chatted with a rep and he said that there should be no issues and go to store at the time we chose. I have 8 to 8.30 slot. Planning to be there by 7.45 or so.
I did that as well this morning. She said good to go on both orders.

marchrose2011

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
USA
I hate the long wait between departures and arrival scans on the UPs site. My phone departed KY at 1:30 today and still hasn’t arrived anywhere lol. Get to Louisiana please!

Reactions: redroseapps12

redroseapps12

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2016
Myrtle Beach
I hate the long wait between departures and arrival scans on the UPs site. My phone departed KY at 1:30 today and still hasn’t arrived anywhere lol. Get to Louisiana please!
im in the same boat as you. Departed 3:30 this afternoon and hasnt had a new scan yet. It is looking better this year tho. Last year my phone went around the world twice lol it got mis shipped or maybe scan was off but it was extremely nerve wracking. Now, its just a patience is a virtue thing

Reactions: marchrose2011

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA

You can try entering your phone number in the "Tracking By Reference"
Then "Destination Country" , "Destination Zip Code"
https://www.ups.com/WebTracking/track?loc=en_DO

This should give you the location and the date of when you will get the phone. It will also give you the tracking number.

CanesDrew

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
Memphis, TN
My phones on the way from Louisville to Memphis stopped off in Nashville along the way.

Took about 2.5 hours to get from Louisville to Nashville. That’s also how long driving directions take it.

I’m betting Apple is getting these things close and then UPS is using trucks to get them where they need to go. Probably cheaper that way.

If you see not much activity over several hours and no flights leaving where there should be, this is probably why.

crystalseth

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2016
Pennsylvania
My phones on the way from Louisville to Memphis stopped off in Nashville along the way.

Took about 2.5 hours to get from Louisville to Nashville. That’s also how long driving directions take it.

I’m betting Apple is getting these things close and then UPS is using trucks to get them where they need to go. Probably cheaper that way.

If you see not much activity over several hours and no flights leaving where there should be, this is probably why.

I reckon you're right, as my phone left the Apple warehouse in Harrisburg today to later arrive at New Stanton, which has a huge UPS center.

iSummer717

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2016
Question....
I requested to pick up at a local Customer Center and my package has arrived at a local hub but not the one I requested. Will it be forwarded overnight or tomorrow? This is my first time requesting a hold for pick up. Thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.