Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigcat

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2008
So I was to pick up our phones at a UPS CC today. I got ready for pickup notifications for both phones so I drove there. Turns out they were not able to locate one of the phones after an hour waiting there while they searched. I’ve been calling UPS several times during the day without any luck. On my last call I spoke to a supervisor who has been in contact with the location and said they have continued the search without luck and again, promised to call whenever they find the package. Not sure how long I can let this go on. I’m so pissed at UPS right now.

Has this happened to anyone else before? Not sure how to proceed. I guess I’ll contact apple tomorrow?

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Our gold Xs arrived today and Apple has done a great job with the gold finish this time around. Very impressive unit.

My Xs Max that was scheduled for Sept 28 to Oct 5 delivery, which shipped early is now in Anchorage, AK as of about 45 minutes ago. Tracking info says I get it monday.

After playing with the Xs I’m super anxious to get my Max!

You’re really gonna love the Max :)

mmeza94_

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2018
Austin, Texas
My phone just got here but too late for me to get to the apple store so they could slap on my screen protector and so I could pick up my case so I guess it’s staying in the box until tomorrow. :(

My phone arrived in Austin, Texas at like 6am, was on the truck for delivery at 9 am with an expected delivery time of 3pm but it didn’t even get here until nine.

But hey I’m grateful it came at all. When 8pm hit I thought I was going to have to wait till Monday because my UPS guy is the kind that will leave hang packages not delivered by 8pm until the next business day.

08kx250f

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2015
My phone just got here but too late for me to get to the apple store so they could slap on my screen protector and so I could pick up my case so I guess it’s staying in the box until tomorrow. :(

My phone arrived in Austin, Texas at like 6am, was on the truck for delivery at 9 am with an expected delivery time of 3pm but it didn’t even get here until nine.

But hey I’m grateful it came at all. When 8pm hit I thought I was going to have to wait till Monday because my UPS guy is the kind that will leave hang packages not delivered by 8pm until the next business day.

? Screen protectors are easy to put on...

Reactions: KdParker

08kx250f

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2015
I have a late 2015 iMac and after looking at my new iPhone and then back at my iMac the color temperatures are we different which is not easy on the eyes.

Anyway to match my iMac to my iPhone?

I received half of my two products (the Series 4 watch).

However, my iPhone XS Max is lost somewhere.

Both the watch and the iPhone left San Diego this morning at 4:30 AM. I picked up the watch in Anaheim (UPS CC) at around 8:05 AM, but not the iPhone. it's early evening here and the iPhone's last status still says, "Departed". That was over 14 hours ago. It's only a two hour drive from S.D. to Anaheim. :(

eUlVP1L.png
Woo-hoo! UPS delivered it at 08:00 PM tonight. He said that it was put on the wrong truck this morning. The status went straight from "Departure Scan" to "Delivered".

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Saw an article on Cult Of Mac on buyer was told by UPS
"We have a contractual agreement with some shippers, which limits the amount of packages that can be handed over to UPS on any given day"

So looks like that could explain some of the ZZ folks sitting longer than expected. The flights leaving may have been at capacity and UPS had other agreements to fulfill first.

I heard that story last night in the midst of the date change scare around 8pm PDT. Frankly, it makes no sense,l. Why would UPS agree to take on the iPhone and Watch delivery rollout being that hamstrung? The have to know that they are taking on millions of packages, so it just doesn’t make sense to agree to such a no-win situation.

Reactions: Sikh

iApplereviews

Suspended
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
I have a late 2015 iMac and after looking at my new iPhone and then back at my iMac the color temperatures are we different which is not easy on the eyes.

Anyway to match my iMac to my iPhone?
You can change color profiles on the Mac under display settings
[doublepost=1537587640][/doublepost]
I heard that story last night in the midst of the date change scare around 8pm PDT. Frankly, it makes no sense,l. Why would UPS agree to take on the iPhone and Watch delivery rollout being that hamstrung? The have to know that they are taking on millions of packages, so it just doesn’t make sense to agree to such a no-win situation.
Well I think the long ZhengZhou delays where customs related and after they cleared up UPS had more phones in the days after than planned. We thought they just sat there not to ship to early but even people on Wednesday and Thursday sat for 2 or so days

danipersing

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Greenacres, WA
What the heck. No activity since early this morning. Delivery was rescheduled for tomorrow, but I’d be more optimistic if it were at least on its way to Denver.

Same. I know tracking has been really FUBAR, but a flight landed in Seattle at approx. 6pm. No departure/destination scan. Next flight out of Louisville to Seattle is tomorrow am (1:15am PST), landing just after 5:30. Then it needs to get on another plane to Spokane, on a truck, … I don’t see it happening

dyzfnctional

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
mine says Saturday delivery have been requested and just cancelled hold for pick up... they will deliver it Saturday? Thought UPS doesn't deliver Saturday. Also, it still says hold for pick up since I've updated this morning... are they not updating the progress/status?

iApplereviews

Suspended
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
mine says Saturday delivery have been requested and just cancelled hold for pick up... they will deliver it Saturday? Thought UPS doesn't deliver Saturday. Also, it still says hold for pick up since I've updated this morning... are they not updating the progress/status?
UPS has some services that deliver Saturday. Worldwide Express Saver is not one BUT because of the high priority they are upgrading them to Saturday delivery
[doublepost=1537588311][/doublepost]
Thanks family.
Maybe try turning True Tone off on both or on on both. I prefer it off I don't like the warm tint it gives my iPhone to yellow

Sikh

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
I mean if you want an exact match they make devices to plug into your Mac to calibrate it. You won't be able to get it exact since the iMac is LCD not OLED there will be a slight difference in color

Just remember that its not LCD vs OLED difference either, its also True Tone too. iMac LCD's are made to be 100% sRGB and now 10bit on the 5k because mostly creatives buy iMacs for professional work so if anything the display on your iMac is better than your iphone

mmeza94_

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2018
Austin, Texas
? Screen protectors are easy to put on...

I’m very challenged and can never get them on straight and it they mess it up at least it’s not my fault lol

It also I just don’t have them at home. my cases and screen protector were waiting to be picked up at the apple store today.

iApplereviews

Suspended
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
I’m very challenged and can never get them on straight and it they mess it up at least it’s not my fault lol

It also I just don’t have them at home. my cases and screen protector were waiting to be picked up at the apple store today.
I always get 1 piece of dust under them and as soon as I see it I can't unsee it

ceaguila

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2013
whoaaa mine was supposed to be delivered next Friday but I just checked and it's already in Alaska and it has been updated to be delivered this Monday. WOOOHOO

Reactions: bushbaby

iApplereviews

Suspended
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
Just remember that its not LCD vs OLED difference either, its also True Tone too. iMac LCD's are made to be 100% sRGB and now 10bit on the 5k because mostly creatives buy iMacs for professional work so if anything the display on your iMac is better than your iphone
I know I also posted above to make sure True Tone is off on the iPhone since it will give it a warmer hue
[doublepost=1537589694][/doublepost]
whoaaa mine was supposed to be delivered next Friday but I just checked and it's already in Alaska and it has been updated to be delivered this Monday. WOOOHOO
You had better luck than some of the people that where supposed to get them today lol

bushbaby

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
SoCal
When I ordered (late), my delivery date was Oct 2-9. Tonight, Apple sent an email that my phone had shipped and delivery would be earlier. So hopefully, everyone else's phones will be a little early now.

08kx250f

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2015

Gotcha.. the trick to putting on screen protector is to use some sort of spray (windex, soapy water, make sure its safe enough for the screen) and then used a credit card wrapped in a paper towel to squeegee it on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.