Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BeK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2012
I placed a order through Apple.com on 9/19/14 for a Silver 128GB 6 Plus and this morning my order status has changed from 'Processing Items' to 'Preparing For Shipment'. The money was also deducted from my account. The question I have is, how long should I expect it to remain in the 'Preparing For Shipment' status before it actually does ship?
When it finally does, approximately how long would I be waiting before it arrives at my home in RI?
The anticipation is killing me! ;-)

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
Search the forum and you will find the answer.

Here are some tips:

Go to ups.com
Go to tracking
Go to Track by Reference
Use your order number from Apple and remove the last 2 digits
You have to view where is your package

With this you could start locating your iphone from China

linkgx1

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2011
Omg, how the hell. What carrier are you with? I ordered on the 15th and it's still processing.

JeremyE

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2012
Wow, that is extremely lucky or everyone is going to start seeing this happen. I ordered two 6 plus phones for my wife and I and also have a friend that did the same on 9/19. An estimated delivery of October 20th at the earliest is what we all have, how did you manage to get it preparing for shipment already?! Well, good job!

Fozziebear71

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2014
I ordered 2 SG 6+'s, 128G for my wife and I on 9/21 and ours still say processing. I hope mine changes soon like yours but I am thoroughly confused by how the phones are being shipped out with such a broad variance on when people ordered and when they are being shipped out.

Especially regarding the 6+'s.

JeremyE

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2012
He didn't say what model. Silver, Gold, Space Gray, 16, 64, or 128. Trying to nail down all points.

I honestly don't see people with their dates (like myself) to see their phones shipping this week, but we can all hope, my apologies, I read your question wrong.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Search the forum and you will find the answer.

Here are some tips:

Go to ups.com
Go to tracking
Go to Track by Reference
Use your order number from Apple and remove the last 2 digits
You have to view where is your package

With this you could start locating your iphone from China

is this done after its marked Shipped?

my package is marked "preparing for shipping" like the OP and this does not pull up any info

*KID*

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
Boston, MA
I placed a order through Apple.com on 9/19/14 for a Silver 128GB 6 Plus and this morning my order status has changed from 'Processing Items' to 'Preparing For Shipment'. The money was also deducted from my account. The question I have is, how long should I expect it to remain in the 'Preparing For Shipment' status before it actually does ship?
When it finally does, approximately how long would I be waiting before it arrives at my home in RI?
The anticipation is killing me! ;-)

I think I was preparing to ship for 24 hours or so....

My phone shipped on a Friday 9/19 and I had it Wed 9/24. (Boston)
Originally UPS had 9/23, then 9/22, then 9/23 - ultimately delayed to 9/24.
Others in the same ship day got theirs 9/25 I believe. The tracking date doesn't always seem to be very accurate so don't get too excited till it departs Louisville. Once my phone left there I had it the next day.

Fozziebear71

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2014

Others in the same ship day got theirs 9/25 I believe. The tracking date doesn't always seem to be very accurate so don't get too excited till it departs Louisville. Once my phone left there I had it the next day.

For a 6+?

BeK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2012

Thank you. That was helpful. I'm hoping to receive it on Tuesday or Wednesday.

BeK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2012
how did you manage to get it preparing for shipment already?! Well, good job!

Not sure my friend. I just decided to check my bank account this morning and I noticed that the $530 for the iPhone had finally been deducted and that prompted me to check my order status via the Apple app. I noticed that my order status changed and I rejoiced ;-)
Can't wait to get this thing as I can't find it in any Apple store in my state.

DannyT2011

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2011
Liverpool, UK
My order started "preparing for shipment" at some point yesterday, around an hour ago it changed to "dispatched" UPS tracking shows it coming from China to the UK and is scheduled to arrive October 1st.

JeremyE

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2012
My order started "preparing for shipment" at some point yesterday, around an hour ago it changed to "dispatched" UPS tracking shows it coming from China to the UK and is scheduled to arrive October 1st.

When was your estimated shipping date?

StevenT42

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2010
Mine was 3-4 weeks from Apple.com, set to deliver Oct 13-20. Space Gray/128gig/6+/AT&T.

It went from processing (could cancel) to preparing for shipment (could not cancel) on Thursday, then shipped this morning. Apple's email says that it will be delivered on Oct 6.

UPS does not say when it will be delivered, I m hoping it will be sooner.

shaunmed

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
i ordered 9/12 at 530am on apple store att 64gb 6+ space gray and its still processing oct 9 shipping :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.