Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slpdLoad

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2009
Can anyone confirm if you actually get a phone held for you when you "reserve" online and select an Apple store?

I was under the impression that it just sped up the process, but if I don't show up they will sell all of the phones without holding any.

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
Can anyone confirm if you actually get a phone held for you when you "reserve" online and select an Apple store?

I was under the impression that it just sped up the process, but if I don't show up they will sell all of the phones without holding any.

First come, first serve at the Apple Stores. Apple says so.

slpdLoad

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2009
Thanks - I reserved but then ended up getting one shipped so I wanted to make sure there wasn't any reason for me to call and get my name taken off a list.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Why are so many people doing in-store pickup at AT&T or Apple when they offered to deliver it for free, to your door, so you don't need to leave your home, and you don't need to wait in line, for no extra cost?

Shipping is not available to everyone. Since it cannot be shipped to me I will pick up my pre-order and then walk two blocks to work.

lilmitchmitch

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2008
Orlando
Just got back from AT&T, pre-ordered myself a phone and was out in a matter of minutes. I'm on the family plan still and used my mom's upgrade so that I could get it for the full subsidized price. I wasn't sure if I could do that online, so I just opted to go into the store. He told me that they would call when it got to the store and that I can pick it up at 7am on the 19th. :)

LittleRedBird

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009
Why are so many people doing in-store pickup at AT&T or Apple when they offered to deliver it for free, to your door, so you don't need to leave your home, and you don't need to wait in line, for no extra cost?

I tried ordering online and having the phone shipped to me via both Apple and AT&T's preorder websites. No luck. Both times I got error messages saying that I have to complete my order in the store.

My local Apple store told me that reserving a phone would only make my check-out process go faster. They would not be "holding" a phone for me, and I would have to stand in line with everyone else on the 19th -- first come, first served.

Thanks - I reserved but then ended up getting one shipped so I wanted to make sure there wasn't any reason for me to call and get my name taken off a list.

I tried to go to my order history online at Apple.com but could not find my reservation anywhere, so I called my local store. They told me that they had my information and that they would take me off of the list. Don't know if it was necessary to call and remove my name, but I did just to make sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.