Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
Inverse your statement and it's your picture.

No, I'm just a normal user that knows what's real besides all the BS.
The opposite of my description of you is someone who is consistently negative about Apple regardless of the subject matter. I sincerely hope that's not what you're implying. Since it would be wrong. My posting history backs up my position regarding Apple. It's there for all to see... and judge.

Switching gears. You love to claim BS don't you? That and "Apple data". Which, when questioned about it, you never seem to provide. Funny that. Especially when you know what's real besides all the BS.

Cineplex

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2016
The opposite of my description of you is someone who is consistently negative about Apple regardless of the subject matter. I sincerely hope that's not what you're implying. Since it would be wrong. My posting history backs up my position regarding Apple. It's there for all to see... and judge.

Switching gears. You love to claim BS don't you? That and "Apple data". Which, when questioned about it, you never seem to provide. Funny that. Especially when you know what's real besides all the BS.
He is clearly not a fanboy! lol

Reactions: 69Mustang

CarlJ

macrumors 604
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
Two points of interest:
  1. Macrumors links to the Korea Herald for the survey results, the title of the article they link to is, "Samsung’s reputation drops to No. 49 in the US: survey".
  2. Two of the top three companies in the results, Publix and Wegmans, each have stores in a mere six states (Publix in the southeastern US, Wegmans in the northeastern US), with zero presence in the entire western half of the country - the survey is represented as showing the companies with the best reputation in the US, but these two would have zero reputation with over half the country - seems the results are pretty misrepresented.

sudo1996

Suspended
Aug 21, 2015
Berkeley, CA, USA
In other news, comcast held a company-wide celebration for not landing in the lowest 10 spots.
None of my housemates had ever heard me swear until our ****ing Comcast connection went down while I was in an important video call.
[doublepost=1487637425][/doublepost]
I'm cold on Amazon too because of the counterfeit products people are getting. Stuff like bike parts, and tools are being copied and sold as genuine, and trying to get money back is a chore. I gave up buying on eBay for the same reason, and also sellers over qualifying their products. Sellers rule on eBay, and it sucks when you get shafted. Maybe that's gotten better, but I somehow doubt it.
Same. Amazon has a lot of garbage on it nowadays. Bought a "DVD burner" that straight up was not a DVD burner, only a reader, plus it was broken. Was kinda PO'd when I realized I needed to print something to return it, and I don't have a printer. I think the locker nearest to me was closed anyway because some rioters attacked it.

Last edited:

Bart Kela

Suspended
Oct 12, 2016
Searching...
Inverse your statement and it's your picture.

No, I'm just a normal user that knows what's real besides all the BS.
You post "where is everyone?" on a US federal holiday and are surprised by crickets? Sorry man, you are the one who didn't get it.

Anyhow, I'm more surprised that cable and telephone companies didn't top this list. :p

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Apple were hit and miss until December when they pushed me out instead of trying to work with me; Amazon also hit or miss, but Amazon haven't been completely awful. At any rate, I am in Wegmans home state, but never heard of them. They sound awesome.

itguy06

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2006
Utterly bizarre. Amazon, infamous for terrible warehouse conditions on top. Chick-Fil-A (helped fund viciously homophobic campaigns) and Hobby Lobby (opposes providing healthcare on religious grounds) above inclusive, supportive companies like Starbucks and American Express?

The findings of this look more like a poll of the right wing than real data.

Actually, you are wrong. Chick-Fil-A is a deeply Christian company and did donate to keepmmarriage between a man and woman. Hillary, Bill, and Obama also voted for the DOMA Act... But they have no problem employing or serving anyone, including members of the LGBT community. They are one of the more giving corporations.

Hobby Lobby, another deeply religious organization had no issue providing healthcare. They had issues being required to pay for a plan that included contraceptives (and maybe abortions). Given the options of Planned Parenthood and mmay generic contraceptives, what's the issue?

Reactions: Cineplex

dilbert99

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2012
Yes, they could, if they would making things like exploding phones or released failed products like Google Plus and Google Glass.

But they don't.

No Android OEM above 75%, Microsoft in 20th!

Strangely, or not, this topic is lacking the usual comments from the usual suspects here, @69Mustang, @AppleScruff1 , @ILuvEggplant, @Chupa Chupa, @Cineplex, @AidenShaw, @MH01, @bladerunner2000 , etc....
Well removing ports, soldering ram/ssd, glueing in batteries, charging more doesn't appear to have affected the bottom line yet - they are still gaining more customers to replace the ones that are leaving.

Zirel

Suspended
Jul 24, 2015
Well removing ports, soldering ram/ssd, glueing in batteries, charging more doesn't appear to have affected the bottom line yet - they are still gaining more customers to replace the ones that are leaving.

You talk what you want, but you leave what we gain by those removals that nobody cares.

Not any line.

$712B market cap
$252B in the bank
#1 CSAT
#1 Reputation
#1 Brand
#1 retail presence
#1 sales
#1 profits
#1 mindshare

The only problem is that there's no competition.

Cineplex

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2016
You talk what you want, but you leave what we gain by those removals that nobody cares.

Not any line.

$712B market cap
$252B in the bank
#1 CSAT
#1 Reputation
#1 Brand
#1 retail presence
#1 sales
#1 profits
#1 mindshare

The only problem is that there's no competition.
Defend Apple to the death! They are number one in that as well!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Agreed, I'm dismayed at Apple's moves these past few years throw in the price increase and that's rubbing salt in the wound

Reactions: Cineplex

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
SC Johnson is the Family company and is not related to Johnson and Johnson the drug company.

DOH!!! My bad...
[doublepost=1487704532][/doublepost]
There MUST have been a lot of SHEEP that participated in that poll for Apple to have rated so high. LOL, so true.

But I'd wager that most of the people bitching are people like me, trying to use their multiyear-old notebooks and idevices with current rev OS. Yeah, it really would cause people to complain, but I can't afford to replace them (retired).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.