Apple Commemorates Memorial Day With 'Remembrance Table' at Apple Park

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

This Monday, May 28 is Memorial Day in the United States, which commemorates individuals who died while serving in the armed forces. In an effort to honor the day, Apple CEO Tim Cook shared an image on Twitter this morning, explaining one way that the company will remember those we've lost in active military duty.

This week at Apple Park, a Remembrance Table honors the men and women of our armed forces who made the ultimate sacrifice in service to their country. They will never be forgotten. #MemorialDay pic.twitter.com/dobmWcLZcN - Tim Cook (@tim_cook) May 25, 2018
In Apple's latest campus, Apple Park, employees have set up what Cook describes as a "Remembrance Table," which he says "honors the men and women of our armed forces." The Remembrance Table has been set up in Caffè Macs at Apple Park, sitting among tables where Apple employees gather to eat their lunch and other meals.

For the federal holiday on Monday, Apple typically gives many of its corporate employees the day off, but some of its retail locations will remain open across the country. On Monday you'll be able to use Apple's Find a Store web tool to see if locations near you are open for the day.

Article Link: Apple Commemorates Memorial Day With 'Remembrance Table' at Apple Park

PinkyMacGodess

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I can't believe how many "Happy Memorial Day" things I have seen this week, Memorial Day is not a happy holiday, but one for remembrance...
It's happy for people that wouldn't want to make that sacrifice.

I love old planes, and got the chance to climb all over the insides of a Liberator, and a bomber. The thought that American servicemen would willingly climb into them, and fly for hours, smelling petrel fumes and experiencing incredible vibrations and then flack and seemingly uncontrolled pilot maneuvers, and then fly hours back, often injured, or in a damaged plane brought tears to my eyes. ANYONE that would sign up to do that service to this country deserved a damn medal ANYONE!

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Classy move.

Not wishing to distract from the issue at hand, however it would appear this employee has an iPhone without a notch?

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 16.25.05.png

EDIT: False alarm, seems to be a standard white iPhone in a black case! o_O

ajguckian

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2012
Hudson Valley
Love it. As a vet, I love seeing people get to enjoy a holiday dedicated to the memories of those we lost. I'm not big on the whole, "'You shouldn't be happy", shtick you see a lot. We should all be damn happy that there are those who made sacrifices so we can be happy. They would be partying right there with us, doing their best to enjoy their time in memory of those who can't.

az431

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2008
Portland, OR
I'm stunned Cook et al did something that might be viewed as patriotic or respectful to the military.
There’s always that guy who feels the need to crap on someone who does something good.
[doublepost=1527264093][/doublepost]
I can't believe how many "Happy Memorial Day" things I have seen this week, Memorial Day is not a happy holiday, but one for remembrance...
And what about this article makes you think that Apple feels otherwise?

RedGala

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2015
It's a nice gesture for people who lost their lives selflessly. I don't have to be a fan of the cause that they are fighting for, and I don't "support the military," but I support the individuals and families who have sacrificed their lives. Sympathy to the individual and sympathy for the system are different things.

RickInHouston

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2014
Or apple could bring all it's income to the U.S.A., pay it's fair share of taxes and have the appropriate portion get into the military's hands.

Now wouldn't THAT be something!

Reactions: Marekul

cocky jeremy

Suspended
Jul 12, 2008
Columbus, OH
You heard it here first guys. Have a miserable three day weekend, everyone!
[doublepost=1527268815][/doublepost]
Or apple could bring all it's income to the U.S.A., pay it's fair share of taxes and have the appropriate portion get into the military's hands.

Now wouldn't THAT be something!
They pay what's legally obligated. Do YOU pay more than necessary on your taxes? Didn't think so. Shhhh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.