Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AnthonyG6

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2017
Does anyone really use the app anymore when it’s built into Siri ?! LOL.
I use Shazam all the time instead of asking Siri because I'm usually in the car listening to the radio when a track comes on that I like and want to find out which song it is. If I activate Siri, the radio goes off because Siri is connected for handsfree car interface. Which why I hope Shazam still remains as a stand alone app.

stanhope

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2015
They will atomize this first. Sorry. But You can always cancel Spotify and join Apple Music.

That’s the whole point of buying Shazam
Like your mama told you...ain’t nothing free...if it looks free, it either isn’t worth anything or read the fine print.

TooDarkPark

Suspended
Nov 23, 2017
I never knew Shazam had ads in it all this time since I've always been using an adblocker to block ads in apps.

SkippyThorson

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2007
Utica, NY
I don't know how to break this to you, but Siri has had Shazam integration since iOS8...

See, but two things, Siri is such crap, I never use it for anything beyond basic (and even that doesn’t work so well) and there’s no integration with 3rd party apps (like Spotify, which I use) - only Apple Music.

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
See, but two things, Siri is such crap, I never use it for anything beyond basic (and even that doesn’t work so well) and there’s no integration with 3rd party apps (like Spotify, which I use) - only Apple Music.

Well that’s probably why.

Siri Works great with Apple Music and command prompts.

Reactions: SkippyThorson

Ruggy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2017
Not so much with iOS then Android, Apple is removing the ads because if you Shazam a song and then go buy it from iTunes or join Apple Music to stream the album they have made money without an intrusive ad.
I think that's it. You find a song and if you like it you buy it or add it to your library so they don't need any further advertising.
Most advertising is pretty stupid anyway. You buy some garden furniture and for the next few weeks you are inundated with ads for garden furniture exactly at the time when you aren't looking for it any more.

Reactions: Spock

KindJamz

Cancelled
Sep 25, 2021
I guess I'm just boring, lol. I don't care a lot for the music nowadays. I'll be 34 early next year. I know that I'm not actually old but I'm just starting to feel old. I work at a university so the students make me feel this way, lol.
I’m 51 and have tried Shazam maybe 2-3 times. Your not alone. Just doesn’t seem very important

KindJamz

Cancelled
Sep 25, 2021
Programming? You are old. Do you still make your own clothes and start fires with sticks? Siri has shortcuts now. ;)
Never even looked at those. Same reason.
I turn a light on with a switch. That’s how old I am. I unlock my door with a key.
Though I am playing with a Hue bulb. I guess it’s nice if I forgot to turn off the light.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.