Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is continuing its steady stream of developer releases of the next version of Mac OS X 10.5.5 with a new version seeded to developers just last night.

The latest version (build 9F32) provides more minor fixes but continues to have at least one known issue with Mail search. Beyond this, Apple has addressed approximately 129 bugs and issues since the previous public release of Mac OS X 10.5.4.

The timing of release is difficult to predict, but will eventually be available as a free download to current Mac OS X 10.5 customers.

Article Link

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
Perhaps its a Sept. 9th release date, as to push out iTunes 8 along with new ipods.

Oh Apple, you're such a tease . :D

Michael73

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2007
Anything here that would indicate a simultaneous release with iTunes 8 next week?

highjumppudding

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2008
looking forward to 10.5.5. I have a good feeling about it. A launch for next week would be great too!

empezar

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2006
I wonder if they have fixed the MobileMe syncing issues (push anyone?) with this update.

lekun

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2006
New Macs, iPods?

Any word of new device numbers in these builds (i.e. evidence of MacBook updates)?

Mackan

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
Also interested to know possibly new hidden drivers for new GPU's, etc... But this wouldn't ship with possibly updated MBP's on tuesday... so, I conclude that we will only see new iPods next week.

bdkennedy1

Suspended
Oct 24, 2002
I don't think it's too hard to predict that it will be released Sept. 9th.

New iPods and iTunes 8 are going to require it.

ikir

macrumors 68000
Sep 26, 2007
I hope for optimized GPU drivers especially for GMA MacBooks..... since they are slow now.

g4cubed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2004
Anything here that would indicate a simultaneous release with iTunes 8 next week?

Need to change your title. ;)

On topic: I guess I'll finally reinstall Leopard and give it another go. I switched back right after installation because of it's instability.

CWallace

macrumors G4
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Can't wait to see what drivers are bundled and model identifiers in this version.

Assuming Apple is actually moving to new hardware for the MacBook and MacBook Pro (and, hopefully, the Mini) - I am guessing Apple must be seeding two versions:

1. One to the public that only includes current hardware.
  2. One internally to Apple that include new hardware being tested on said new hardware.

Otherwise, I would think someone would have identified the new hardware identifiers and drivers just as they have done with previous firmware and software seedings.

schneb

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2008
Lose The Little Irritants

I'm hoping for a fix for the following bugs...

1. Using back button in Finder window does not recognize .DSSTORE file.
2. Spotlight defaults to hard drive rather than folder being searched.
3. Mail crashing when using right-click

If they fix these 3, I will be very happy with :apple:

damacus

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2007
I can't wait for 10.5.5 server to drop. It's supposed to fix the dastardly "Potential VM Growth" DirectoryService hang/spinout, and hopefully also some DS memory leaks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.