Apple creating 2 new iphone 5 versions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacChinoNyc, May 1, 2011.

1. MacChinoNyc macrumors 6502

"Apple is allegedly building two iPhone 5 models in place of a scheduled fall publish. According to an employee of an Apple part supplier, in attendance is good sense to believe with the purpose of the iPhone 5 will really be two devices: A ‘standard’ and ‘pro’ copy."

http://www.geohot.ca/2011/05/apple-creating-two-iphone-5-prototypes.html

Would these versions be welcomed or not?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Apple already has a split-system.

They sell this year's phone for one price and last year's phone for a much cheaper price.

I don't see any reason why they'd give that up and start selling 2 brand-new models at different prices. I don't understand what that gains them over the current system. Any blog that says there will be a 'pro model' but doesn't explain how that's better than the current system doesn't count much in my opinion.

3. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

I don't know but I'm in for one if it looks like that concept image!

4. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

I kind of like the look but the idea of a pro doesn't really sit well with me...unless they keep the pro at the current price and have a cheaper version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I call shenanigans. Why sell a cheaper model when people would buy up the more expensive one if the cheaper one wasn't offered.

6. kiljoy616 macrumors 68000

kiljoy616

That white one does look great, and so thin hard to believe that it will be able to do so much in such a thin case. Either way I have a feeling we will be surprise when it comes out.

Like to see more interface changes than hardware.

7. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

those images again? those things would rock like a babies cradle when you lay them down and apple would be a laughing stock.

8. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

Same reasons they sell a macbook and a macbook pro?

9. iRach macrumors member

iRach

Is that a brushed metal back I spy? I much prefer the coloured backs :( I like the shape though.

10. Voidness macrumors 6502a

Voidness

Same reason Apple sells both iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4.

11. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

As long as the better iPhone's price does not exceed $299 for the highest version, I don't care.

12. AWallen90 macrumors 6502

I would definitely be in for the pro model.

I am a little confused why that source posted those pictures then said in their article the next iphone would only be a slight redesign.

13. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

These images look more closely like concept for the next iPod Touch, NOT the next iPhone. Where's the silence switch? Why would it be a curved back? Why the hell would there be a metal back? Where are the Cameras? I'd honestly go Android and never look back in the next iPhone looked like this.