Apple Customer Service is Awesome!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RossMc, Jun 23, 2011.

1. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Just phoned up Apple about a problem with my 3GS where the case is cracking near the charger port, I only had a little one and when I was at the Apple store the guy said it should be fine for now but if it gets worse come back so I left it for a bit and now have another longer one right in the middle. I phoned up Apple earlier and they said they would replace it but because I have had problems with my 3GS a few times they would upgrade me to a brand new white iPhone 4 with 12 months warranty :)

Also can anyone recommend me a good case for the iPhone 4?

2. AppleBoyFreak macrumors 6502

Lucky! :D I would say to go with the Speck Candy Shell because it's not too thick and it offers good protections. Oh, and I would get a Power Support screen protector. I'm happy it worked out good for you!

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You got extremely lucky. I could see giving you a new 3GS, but to give you an upgrade?

4. RossMc thread starter macrumors 65816

RossMc

Just ordered the Candy Shell had it for my 3GS and liked it then. How is it with the camera flash does it cause any problems with photo's?

I have had my 3GS replaced quite a few times for different problems so I think thats why.

5. Kubus macrumors regular

Wicked. I went in yesterday because I began having issues with my home button. The guy tried to run diagnostic at the front of the store but their program yelled at him because Im running iOS5.

He came back to me and told me he has to bring it to the back to see what he can do. He came back with a brand new iPhone 4 for me and didn't give me any hassle.

I love Apple Store service

6. Orlandu macrumors 6502

Orlandu

Same here, I love their service.

I got my phone wet (had it in my pocket while getting in to the pool) and the screen completely stopped working. I took it in, they said 2/3 water sensors were tripped but they'd get me hooked up with a new one. 2 minutes later I was walking out the door with a fully functional iPhone 4 again! Granted this one is from a newer production run where the screens have a slight yellow tint to them, but I'd rather have a working screen with a slight yellow tint than a non-functioning screen.

7. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

Where can you get the candy shell cases?

8. RossMc thread starter macrumors 65816

RossMc

Amazon. The one I got was only £10 from Amazon UK.

9. davelanger macrumors 6502a

Yes they are really great, I had an old mac 19 inch WS monitor that was causing issues apple could not figure out with my new mac pro (only had it for a week), so apple just had me send in my monitor and mac pro and gave me another new mac pro but also gave me for free a brand new 30 inch cinema display.

10. orange42 macrumors 6502a

That's pretty awesome. I went in a few months ago with my old 3G that had about two weeks left on it's Apple Care and they replaced it with a brand new 3GS instead. I wonder, even though the new 90 day warranty is up, if I can magically get them to give me a 4 in replace of this one which also has a loose volume switch (which is why they replaced my 3G). But I doubt it and really don't expect/care to get another free phone.

11. wordoflife, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2011

wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Wow, very cool indeed!
    I'm having some major issues with my 3GS and am going to call them up. I'm not expecting anything to be done, but it's worth a shot. Otherwise I'll take it in to an Apple Store and see what they can do about it. The volume switch is pretty much broken and it keeps losing connectivity every now and then. Otherwise, my phone is in excellent condition.

Very nice OP!

12. truciet macrumors 6502

that's nice of them especially for people in store. i've never seen new replacements other than through their 1800 number or email.

13. RossMc thread starter macrumors 65816

RossMc

I done it through Apple Care on the phone not in the store. :)

14. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

Wow! Very lucky or very good Apple customer service at that particular store :cool:

15. wordoflife, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2011

wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

did you have applecare on your 3gs

16. RossMc thread starter macrumors 65816

RossMc

Yeah I did. Had around 45 days left on it. They even told me because the Apple Care was still on and the iPhone 4 i'm getting will be brand new in the box so will have a 12 month warranty I will get a refund on what is left on the Apple Care.

17. scottyUK macrumors newbie

scottyUK

Hi mate

Congratulations! Apple have excelled themselves yet again.
    Enjoy your white iPhone 4!

18. AppleBoyFreak macrumors 6502

The flash is good, but it does seem a little washed out if you have a bright light like in the corner of the photo and you have flash on. I think you'll love the case!

19. barebackbadger8 macrumors 6502

barebackbadger8

i noticed today the plastic on my white 3gs as started cracking around the charger socket!
    but my warranty ran out 2 days ago :(

20. hippo206 macrumors 6502

Actually, this doesn't surprise me at all.

Anytime I have had a problem, I have calmly walked into the Apple store... stated my issue... and they have resolved it free of charge. I have never purchased applecare, and had a number of items repaired free after the warrenty has expired.

I am glad you got a upgrade. It was very smart for them to do so... as you will probably be a return customer for a very long time now.

Apple's customer service is probably the #1 reason I keep purchasing some of the products.

21. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Apples customer service is bar none, another reason I prefer the iPhone over any sort of Android device (although HTC gave me really good customer service as well for my Nexus One, albeit through the mail)

22. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

they did this for my friend a few years ago. except it was from the 3G to the 3GS.

23. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Wow, congrats OP!

What do you suggest i do to get an upgrade from iPhone 3G to iPhone 3GS? :p

24. paulmacbeth macrumors member

My wife has an almost 2 year old 3GS, with a dodgy home button. I take it, without some sort of apple care policy, I would be laughed out of the genius bar?