Apple customer service needs more people ?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nec207, Mar 11, 2012.

1. nec207 macrumors 6502

Why is it when you take a product like a Mac or iPad so on to apple it takes them one week or two weeks before they look at it? And if they do not have parts it takes them 2 weeks or more to get parts ?

Is all of Apple customer service like this ? Or is this in bad areas with lack of staff ?

I know this one girl that took a Macbook pro in and it was in for over a week and no phone call? What is up with this.

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I'd assume that their main priority is working outside on the floor making sales.

Other than that, maybe they're busy doing other things?

3. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Well considering some other companies have longer waiting periods for repairs...I think Apple does quite a good job by having a store front where the customer can bring in their issues to the genius bar directly.

4. nec207 thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought more than one week is not normal?

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Think about it... they don't have parts for every single computer that needs repair so they have to order them. I'm thinking that takes a bit of time. Then they need to repair everyone's computer. Depending on what needs to be fixed, it could take hours just for one computer.

6. nec207 thread starter macrumors 6502

The department policy says one week before the computer tech looks at it.

If they are over one week and no phone call it repaired free of charge.