Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hiddenmarkov

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2014
Japan
Just what Apple need to boost depressed sales

android and such can take decent pics/video as well.

Not hating on the ad, nicely done in fact, but I see a few things. Some scenes are studio lighting based I'd almost wager on. 2 moms in bed with the babies between them. White balance nailed that good and nice and consistent spreading of light has to be studio lighting of some kind. its not on body flash of phone and its not house lighting. Get a good set of lights up and magic happens. On damn near anything. If anything that shot makes me want to buy good lights with umbrella's (and tripods to set this up) and not an iphone lol.

wanderinghome

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2007
Beautiful! Probably the best "Shot on iPhone" ad I've seen.

Thanks! My photo is the preview photo youtube uses for the video. : )
[doublepost=1462156170][/doublepost]
android and such can take decent pics/video as well.

Not hating on the ad, nicely done in fact, but I see a few things. Some scenes are studio lighting based I'd almost wager on. 2 moms in bed with the babies between them. White balance nailed that good and nice and consistent spreading of light has to be studio lighting of some kind. its not on body flash of phone and its not house lighting. Get a good set of lights up and magic happens. On damn near anything. If anything that shot makes me want to buy good lights with umbrella's (and tripods to set this up) and not an iphone lol.

As one of the iPhone users whose photo was used in the ad (the woman holding her baby daughter on the beach), I can guarantee you that none of those pics were set up or staged by or for Apple's benefit. They were all sourced from the real world by people who shot them on their own.
[doublepost=1462156808][/doublepost]
Beautiful image in the Youtube pic (Elijah N)

Thank you!

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Glad you liked the add. I agree, because I prefer adds to subtracts. And if your Mum says the iPhones are way too expansive perhaps she should try an iPhone SE. They're not as expansive as 6S Plus. They're about 2.5 inches less expansive....

Like all mothers, they complain if you spend too much money on them, but getting my old iPhones is another matter :) she has my 5s at the moment , depending on the 7 she might have a 6s plus...
[doublepost=1462173868][/doublepost]
And do you know that sarcasm also is not uncommon on MacRumors? :D

It's people ability to differentiate sarcasm from fact, that makes this place interesting at times :p

von franklin

macrumors regular
May 31, 2015
Texas
I wonder if everyone will send their own in
[doublepost=1462174430][/doublepost]I wonder if everyone will send their own in

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Well, I love my mother and will certainly celebrate the day by spending it with her - we will have some arroz con frijoles y plátanos maduro.

I this this ad is nice, but a bit of a mix between selling a phone, trying to send a positive message about moms, and political correctness. Not sure it hits any of them particularly well, but still made me remember to order flowers, so thanks for that, Tim!

joelisfar

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2012
Get real people, Apple and it's overpaid executives exist to enrich it's shareholders, not magically make the world a better place.

If you think Apple exists to enrich its shareholders you haven’t been paying attention.

LordVic

Cancelled
Sep 7, 2011
Social media.

Did they have to ask your permission to use it first or did it just show up in the video? whats the process for this? Its kind of really cool to see your own work officially published in some form. Something I've always dreamed about with my photos

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.