Apple Debuts New Summer Apple Watch Bands, Including Rainbow Pride Woven Nylon Band

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 5, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Alongside a new version of the watchOS operating system for the Apple Watch, Apple today quietly debuted a selection of Apple Watch bands in new summer colors.

Apple Watch Sport Bands are available in Mist Blue, Pollen, and Flamingo for both the 38 and 42mm Apple Watch. As with all sport bands, the new bands are priced at $49. The only new leather band is a yellow Sunflower Classic Buckle, priced at $149.

[​IMG]

The new Nike Sport Band options that match the Nike Air VaporMax Flyknight Day to Night shoe collection are also available. The bands are priced at $49 each and come in Light Violet/White, Violet Dust/Plum Fog, Blue Orbit/Gamma Blue, and Obsidian/Black.

[​IMG]

The final watch band that's new today is a Pride Edition Woven Nylon band that features a rainbow stripe. Priced at $49, the band is available for both 38 and 42mm Apple Watch models. The Pride band was originally given out to employees during last year's Pride parade in San Francisco.

[​IMG]

All of the new bands are available for purchase today with the first shipments arriving later this week.

Article Link: Apple Debuts New Summer Apple Watch Bands, Including Rainbow Pride Woven Nylon Band

2. Sunny1990, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017

Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Ugh!more watch bands.
    Rainbow one Looks ugly to be honest. Can't innovative my ass.

3. Glassed Silver macrumors 68020

Glassed Silver

Tastes differ and I recall many people dearly wanting these when Apple had a very limited exclusive run of them.

Watch bands are a meme on here, I get that, but I kinda dig the options here.

The colors aren't for me, but I think they are a good selection to have and will hit many people's taste.

The rainbow one I like, but personally I'd rather rock another style if I had an Apple Watch.

Glassed Silver:mac

4. Porco macrumors 68030

Porco

I'd be proud to wear the rainbow one if it didn't cost £49.

Heheh... rainbow... makes me think of Zippy, George and Bungle.

5. Zirel Suspended

Zirel

Bittersweet day for MR forums...

Bitter because Apple released new Macs.

Sweet because they also released new Watch bands.

I think they should lower the price of rubber and acrylic bands, a 69€ band for a 250€ watch makes no sense.

6. miniyou64 macrumors 6502

miniyou64

I like the rainbow one too, I wish it wasn't co-opted to represent an agenda.

7. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I was hoping to see the Bone/Black from the limited edition NikeLab watch.

8. redscull macrumors 6502a

redscull

I like it too. And I personally don't have a problem unintentionally promoting equal rights for humans.

But dang it, it irritates me in a way that most people just don't care, I guess, that the metal can't be matched to the watch I own. I will never buy a band from Apple until they offer them with the space grey aluminum color or I decide to buy the Steel watch. And I don't see the latter happening any time soon.

9. dampfnudel macrumors 68030

Apple just had to announce new watch bands. It must be a rule there now that in addition to announcing new hardware/software, we must announce new watch bands.

10. Johnny907 macrumors 6502a

Johnny907

Same macbooks, same price, minor spec bump.
    The new iMac lineup is decent though and the price is more realistic especially for the entry level 4K 21" model with discrete graphics standard. I'm strongly considering selling my folks two year old entry level iMac and getting that for them as it's been sluggish from day one, even for a pair of 70 year olds.

11. Porco macrumors 68030

Porco

I disagree, but you're free to feel that way and express that view. Isn't it nice to live in places where people can disagree without being imprisoned, tortured or hung until they are dead for simply being who they are, whatever their different identities consist of? That's why it's quite an appropriate symbol for the 'agenda' you seem to have some kind of objection to.

I suppose you could always wear an acccompanying T-shirt that says "I just like rainbows, it doesn't mean I support any associated agenda, OK?!". If you really wanted to. :D;)

12. twocents macrumors regular

twocents

13. jdillings macrumors 68000

I agree the rainbow band looks awful. It reminds me of Robin Williams rainbow suspenders from "Mork and Mindy"

14. Zirel Suspended

Zirel

The Mac lineup had the update I was waiting for, the end. Buying a 5K low end with 256GB SSD.

15. ck2875 macrumors 6502a

ck2875

Just ordered the Pride band. The gay part of me really wanted one last summer and now I'm happy I didn't shell out a few hundred for one of the official ones on eBay. I won't use it during work since I'm not exactly a flashy person, but I will likely use it when dressing casually.

(Side note: I bought the pride one offered by Clockwork Synergy last October but wasn't happy with the build quality.)

16. nt5672 macrumors 68000

This is more exciting then the new MacBook Pros and should have been in the KeyNote.

17. Relentless Power, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

No. You are missing the point. They actually refreshed the Watch bands for other ones that were removed from the line up. The point is to keep the line up with newer bands and more options. Otherwise, the line up becomes stagnant.

18. WinstonRumfoord macrumors 6502

Rainbow anything makes me think of that.

19. Pupi macrumors 6502

Pupi

When getting a comment out matters more than basic thought structure and writing coherence.

20. RamsayBolton macrumors member

RamsayBolton

FINALLY!

I was soooo waiting for Apple to release new watch-bands!

Cannot wait to get the rainbow, agenda one!

21. nikaru macrumors 6502

Have been using a 5$ sport band from aliexpress and it is undistingushble from the apple band.

22. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

Mork and Mindy...I knew that band reminded me of something but I couldn't think of what at first. I loved the first season of that show. It really kind of fell apart when they hatched Jonathan Winters. :p

I did grab two of the Nike bands that I missed getting from the Nike site the other day. I can't say I'm thrilled at the price but having just purchased a knock off version from Amazon, I am considering the money spent on the real deal as money well spent for bands I consider comfortable and fun (for me) to look at and wear and that fit into the watch properly. The knockoffs are thin and attract dust like crazy and don't fit all that great into the watch. And I had gotten a 4.5 star rated band. I hate to think how bad the lower rated bands might be in person. I will wear my knockoff band for casual use around the house but I don't trust it to stay on during exercise outside.

I'm definitely a convert to the holey bands. They do let my skin "breathe" so much better.

23. WRChris macrumors 6502a

WRChris

Jeez, you've complained on nearly every article posted today. How would you like your ass innovated?

I'm freaking pumped to have buzz lightyear on my wrist.

24. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I couldn't agree more. I actually appreciate Apple offering More offering more choices to the consumer.

25. WRChris macrumors 6502a

WRChris

I'm watching the keynote now and so far so good.