Apple Discounts Beats Speakers and Headphones in New Promo

Nick A

macrumors regular
May 10, 2009
Headphones aren't a hobby...you don't have to like something I do, I'm just tired of reading the same comments like anyone cares that you don't like them because of their bass or price. Personally I'm happy with my purchase and I'm sorry you can't accept that.

As someone who listens to all music, they are great for me.

Some people like records and some people like cds. Which one of those people are wrong?
Headphones are absolutely a hobby.

When you start investing thousands of dollars on amps and DACs and thousands more on the headphone itself, it absolutely becomes a hobby. If you're happy with your Beats that's cool, but I can guarantee that I can name a few pairs of headphones that would blow your mind. Kind of like going from a tube TV to a 4K OLED. It's that big of a difference.

Again if you're happy with your purchase, enjoy them. But there's better options for the price and it can be proven with measurements such as distortion levels, frequency graphs, power handling, etc..

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Apr 16, 2015
Headphones are absolutely a hobby.

When you start investing thousands of dollars on amps and DACs and thousands more on the headphone itself, it absolutely becomes a hobby. If you're happy with your Beats that's cool, but I can guarantee that I can name a few pairs of headphones that would blow your mind. Kind of like going from a tube TV to a 4K OLED. It's that big of a difference.

Again if you're happy with your purchase, enjoy them. But there's better options for the price and it can be proven with measurements such as distortion levels, frequency graphs, power handling, etc..
For you maybe, but most of the customers Apple sells to won't ever have their minds blown by your headphones. It's the same way my mom would rather watch old SD content stretched on her 4K OLED TV than see the black bars in HD.