Apple Discounts BeatsX, Solo3 Wireless, and Powerbeats3 Wireless by $40 to $60

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 17, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple has discounted its BeatsX, Solo3 Wireless, and Powerbeats3 Wireless headphones by $40 to $60 for a limited time in the United States.

[​IMG]
    BeatsX -- $149.95, now $99.95
    Beats Solo3 Wireless -- $299.95, now $239.95
    Beats Powerbeats3 Wireless -- $199.95, now $159.95Apple's discount on Beats Solo3 Wireless headphones also applies to the newer "Neighborhood Collection" colors.

Apple's BeatsX deal matches some other retailers, but Amazon and Best Buy each have better deals on the Powerbeats3 Wireless and Solo3 Wireless, with the products on sale for as low as $134.99 and $199.99 respectively.

Like AirPods, the BeatsX, Solo3 Wireless, and Powerbeats3 Wireless are equipped with Apple's W1 chip for instant pairing with an iPhone. They can then simultaneously connect to an Apple Watch, iPad, and Mac via iCloud.

All three headphones feature Fast Fuel. Five minutes of charging provides up to three hours of playback for the Solo3 Wireless, two hours of playback for the BeatsX, and an hour of playback for the Powerbeats3 Wireless.

Apple's special Beats prices are available in the United States only for a limited time.

Disclaimer: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon and Best Buy and may get paid if you click one of the above links and make a purchase.

Article Link: Apple Discounts BeatsX, Solo3 Wireless, and Powerbeats3 Wireless by $40 to $60

2. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

They should discount some of their phones as well..

3. Texh49 macrumors regular

grabbed solo3 wireless from BB for 169$ last night. They price matched with Fry's who sold out quick!

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Why. Those are selling really well. But if you want a discount the carriers have lots of promotions this Black Friday and before.

5. rishic89 macrumors member

rishic89

Those headphones are not very good. I lost a pair and replaced with $25 wireless ones from amazon that have better sound and bass and have lasted 1.5 years with no problems.

6. John.B, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017

John.B macrumors 601

John.B

AFAICT, all Solo3 colors except purple? Which if course is the color my daughter wants... :(

7. GrumpyMom Suspended

GrumpyMom

That seems to be the color all the daughters want. We got ours a purple one last year. Not that it is any consolation, but my daughter doesn’t use them very often. She says they compress and hurt her ears. She’s back to using her cheap wired headphones most of the time that don’t squish so hard. The over ears ones seem comfortable, I have a very old version of them. But they are pretty expensive.

8. maziar.d macrumors newbie

been using beatsx for a while, great headphones

9. Sefstah macrumors 6502a

Title should read: “Don’t buy from Apple. Amazon and Best Buy sell Beats cheaper.”

10. szw-mapple fan macrumors 65816

szw-mapple fan

The beatsx have been excellent for me. Especially the easy switching between devices with the w1 chip.

11. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 65816

H3LL5P4WN

I'm interested in the BeatsX, but only if they don't sound like beats, aka, flubby muffled garbage.

12. euvnairb macrumors regular

If you sweat a lot, I don't recommend the powerbeats 3 for those looking for a good pair of workout headphones. I'm on my 4th set of replacement headphones and have stopped using them for workouts because my warranty is almost up and I don't want to deal with getting these replaced again. The sound is pretty good, but the build quality just isn't there with these. I bought a pair of $25 headphones from amazon that don't sound as good, but won't crap out on me during my long training sessions.

13. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

Studios are more comfortable on the ear than Solos...

14. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

15. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

They do, every single year in the Fall during the iPhone Keynote.

16. hobocamp456 macrumors newbie

Absolutely do not but the powerbeats 3. They are terrible. I've gone through 3 pairs in less than a year and Apple refused to repair the 3 pair once they broke too. They're a piece of garbage.

17. BondFancy, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017

BondFancy macrumors 6502

For those trashing the Powerbeats 3, what is a good replacement for Wireless earbuds? My father wants some for Christmas, but earbuds never stay in his ears, so he prefers the hooks like the Powerbeats 3, any suggestions?

Edit: These are for working out.

18. JGIGS macrumors 6502a

JGIGS

All 3 models are not very good? Have you used all 3? I personally like my Beats X though I wouldn't pay full price for them. Which I didn't.

19. John.B macrumors 601

John.B

Beats changed how their headphones/earbuds sound, beginning when Apple bought them. Still bass heavy, but not at the expense of the rest of the audible spectrum like they used to be. IMO.

20. siddavis macrumors member

I have a pair of the Powerbeats 3 and could not be more happy with them. I went through 3 pair of other bluetooth headphones for working out. The W1 experience is awesome for use with my iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch. I got them last year as a Christmas gift and have used them 3-5 times a week since. Battery life is awesome and they stay in place while running because of the hook. I really don't know what problems others are having, but mine have been rock solid and would definitely recommend them. Maybe I just got lucky.

21. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 65816

H3LL5P4WN

Thanks. I don't mind a "warm" sound, but I wasn't a fan of the sound that Lemmy famously trashed as "listening through a towel." I might spring for a pair then.

22. miniyou64 macrumors 6502

miniyou64

Beats X was the worst product I have ever purchased. Not even close to as good as AirPods. I can’t belive the sound quality. People say there is too much bass in Beats, there is none in Beats X. Terrible product.

23. MacFan23 macrumors 6502

How is this possible? They’ve barely been out a year

24. DeepIn2U macrumors 601

DeepIn2U

Seems to be the reverse with the Studio 3's ... a LOT of reports on the Canadian Apple store stating great headphones but returned due to clamping pressure on the ear or around the head.

Meanwhile in Canada still no discount from Apple ... BUT
    Best Buy:
    Solo 3's - $269.99CAN (down from $329.99)
    Studio 3's - $329.99CAN (down from $399.99) Effective yesterday until Nov 20th.

PS: BOTH have W1 chip, Fast Charge and 40hr battery life (non ANC).
    NOTE: Solo3's CAN be used with no power/charge as wired headphones, the Studio's canNOT! Further Fast Charge on Solo is 10mins for 3hrs battery life, Studio is 15mins for 3hrs.

25. funnyboy88 macrumors regular

Pretty rare for Apple.com to ever discount any of their products. I’m surprised more people aren’t talking about this.