Apple Employee shows stupidity

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hipvamore, Jul 2, 2010.

1. hipvamore macrumors regular

I was just picking up a bumper at the apple store and asked the employee what they had for iphone screen protectors. The guy goes "its impossible to scratch the screen for the iphone, we don't sell them because you cant scratch it, therefore they are not necessary."

Now I wasnt really pissed at apple for not selling them because I understand they're backing up the glass which is supposed to be hard to scratch. But for the guy to tell me that you are unable to scratch it and with all the screen protectors out for the phone I think it was rather dumb he told me that. What do you guys think?

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

You should have asked to borrow his and......

3. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

It's extremely difficult.

Screen protectors are lame. I've had my phone in my pocket (no keys etc) and it looks as good as the day I got it.

4. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

did they have pancake mix??

In all seriousness, they are told to say all these *lies* so people can buy their product

There was a thread before that said that Verizon Employees were told that the iPhone has VGA resolution and that the Droid is better

5. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Its going to be alright, go relax a bit and you will feel better.

6. hipvamore thread starter macrumors regular

dude really. honestly i could really care less, half the time i dont really even like screen protectors. but i'm just saying the guy was an idiot. wasnt completely set on purchasing just wanted to know what they had.

7. Built macrumors 68020

I've had screen protectors on all of my iPhones...I am going to install the Wrapsol which just came later on today.

If I don't like that, I will wait for the Power Support Crystal Film...which is what I have had on my previous iPhones.

I don't care what they say. I will ALWAYS have a screen protector on my iPhone.

8. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

I should post a picture of my scratch on the back glass...

9. hipvamore thread starter macrumors regular

yeah like i said not gonna really worry about it, just was gonna pick em up if they had any legit ones, i havent gotten any on mine either yet either, better safe then sorry though, especially if i dropped it and it slid against the pavement or somethin

10. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Well, don't drop it.

And, get a bumper.

11. hexonxonx macrumors 601

It's not impossible to scratch. It's very easy if you are not careful.

My one year old 3G has two small scratches on it. Yes I know, the iPhone 4 glass is different than the 3G but it's only glass after all.

12. army91c macrumors 6502a

If you could really care less than why the thread? The fact that you're so upset that you felt the need to make a thread about it says more about you than the "idiot" employee.

13. Aadhil macrumors regular

My experience is different. My 2 year old 3G is as smooth as it was when it was new.

14. Cottonsworth macrumors regular

A lot of Apple employees don't know what the h*ll they are talking about most of the time. The greater majority of them aren't more computer literate than regulars on this forum.

15. Captainobvvious macrumors 6502

Does it really bother you so much that he is criticizing something about Apple? He is 100% right that an employee shouldn't be lying to move products especially when there is no chance that Apple will help him if he chooses not to get a screen protector based on the faulty advice then scratches the screen.

Its just like the people selling Macs that say they CAN'T get viruses... It is ridiculous.

It happens with every company and the OP shouldn't be given a hard time for pointing this out... If it reflected negatively on Android I am sure you would have no issue... The OP isn't freaking out either, he simply told a story.

16. juicexct macrumors member

where in CT are there bumpers? very interested, thanks!

17. xxxsteveoxxx macrumors member

xxxsteveoxxx

For everyone saying that its easy to scratch because there have been pics of the back scratched just know that the front glass and the back glass are completely different materials. The back is extremely easy to break and scratch. the front is ALMOST impossible to scratch. Easy to shatter but tough to scratch. You have to be trying to really damage it if it were to be scratched. Everyday use and regular care you will never have a mark on your screen. The back however will prob look like a road map.

18. hipvamore thread starter macrumors regular

i just got a black one : ) returned my ugly sicrylic incipio

19. hipvamore thread starter macrumors regular

west farms mall in east hartford apple store. they had a bunch of black and blue ones

20. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

I wonder what he will think when they start carrying them, then. Speaking of stupid Apple employees. I went in a few months ago and bought something, decided to have my receipt emailed only, I gave him my @me email address and he asked me how I got an email with "@me", I told him to look at the thing hanging around his neck.

21. hipvamore thread starter macrumors regular

I meant I could really care less that apple didnt have a screen protector for me to purchase because it's not going to ruin my day, I do care that the apple employee went off about how for me to purchase a screen protector is pointless and ill informing me when I probably know more than he does. That is why i made the thread, not because i'm upset I didnt get to buy a simple screen protector. If you have nothing nice to say please don't say anything at all.

22. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

Stupid Apple employee? That cannot be true! They are so intelligent that some of them are even called 'Genius'. :D

Can you ask him again and have this statement in writing?

At least you can go back if you scratch the back of your phone. You know, they scratch your back, you scratch theirs...

23. IndianGuy macrumors regular

IndianGuy

I can agree to this - I went to Apple store on 23rd and lady told me that apple will *ship* preorders on 24th and you should expect it in 2-3 days later - I wanted to let her know that people already got their phones on 22nd

24. perryj macrumors member

I think you should learn proper english before calling someone stupid.....

it is..."could not care less" not.... "could care less" hahaha

25. hipvamore thread starter macrumors regular

I'm on the internet, not in English class, therefore... I could care less. Seriously I don't get why people have the nerve to reply pointless things that have nothing to do with the topic. I appreciate you trying to teach me something and stick up for this employee, but seriously... who cares? Why don't you also go through every thread and correct people when they say good, rather than well.