Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
The online version:

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/promo_ipod_discount112803.html

Look on the main Apple Store page for "Save 10% on iPod & iPod Accessories" under the heading "Apple Promotions".

1. This electronic discount entitles you to 10% off the purchase of iPods and iPod accessories available on the Apple Store as identified below.

2. This offer is valid on November 28, 2003.

3. Except as otherwise provided below, electronic discounts can be redeemed online at the U.S. Apple Store or over the phone at 1-800-MY-APPLE.

4. Electronic discounts are valid at the Apple Store for Consumers, Apple Store for Business, and Apple Store for Canadian Consumers.

5. Electronic discounts are NOT valid at the Apple Store for Education Individuals, Apple Store for Education Institutions, Apple Store for Resellers, Apple Store for Canada Resellers, Apple Government Stores, Apple Store for international locations (other than specifically indicated), any online custom store sponsored by Apple, or Apple Store retail locations.

6. Electronic discounts cannot be used by resellers.

7. This offer is not valid for used, refurbished, or demonstration products.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Here is a more readable version of the list of products eligible for the 10% discount at the online store:

iPod - 10GB
iPod - 20GB
iPod - 40GB
iPod Customized 10GB
iPod Customized 20GB
iPod Customized 40GB
Altec Lansing inMotion Portable iPod Speakers
Belkin Auto Charger w/Audio for iPod
Belkin Battery Pack for iPod
Belkin Digital FM Transmitter
Belkin FireWire CardBus Adapter for Windows
Belkin FireWire PCI Card (Windows only)
Belkin iPod Media Reader
Belkin iPod Voice Recorder
Belkin Leather10/15/20 GB iPod Case
Belkin TuneCast FM Transmitter for iPod
Belkin TuneDok Car Holder for iPod
Creative TravelSound Portable Speakers
Extra Apple iPod Power Adapter
Griffin iTrip - FM Transmitter for iPod
Griffin iTrip for new iPod
iCable for iPod Stereo 7ft.
Incase Belt for iPod
Incase Folio for New iPod
Incase Sleeve for iPod
Incase Sleeve for iPod
iPod Carrying Case with Belt Clip
iPod Dock
iPod Dock Connector to FireWire and USB 2.0 Cable (Windows PC only)
iPod Dock Connector to FireWire Cable
iPod Remote & Earphones
iPod Stereo Connection Kit with Monster Cable
iSee iPod Case for 5, 10 and 20GB iPod
Jam Jacket 10/15/20GB Clear
Jam Jacket 30/40GB Clear
JBL Creature 2.1 Speakers - White
Marware iPod Sportsuit Basic - Black
Marware Sportsuit Convertible - Black
Marware Sportsuit Convertible - Graphite
Marware Sportsuit Convertible - Red
Marware SportSuit Convertible iPod Sleeve - Black
Monster iCharger for iPod
Monster iSplitter for iPod
NaviPod IR Remote for New iPod
NaviPod IR Remote for Original iPod
SendStation PocketDock
Showcase for new iPods
Sony CPA-9C Car Cassette Adapter
Sony MDR-EX71SL Fontopia Headphones
Sony SRS-T77 Folding Travel Speakers
World Travel Adapter Kit
XtremeMac - Car Charger for New iPods
XtremeMac - Get Connected Kit for new iPod
XtremeMac Firewire Car Charger for iPod
XtremeMac Get Connected Kit
XtremeMac Hip Tunes iPod Case Bundle
XtremeMac iPod Case Black
XtremeMac iPod Case Brown

RalphNumbers

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2003
Too bad they don't have these discounts at the Education Store. I might have convinced myself to get a 10GB iPod if it were 10% off education prices, but it's just 10% off normal prices (which is 10cents more than what education prices allways are for that iPod anyway).

Nutzoids

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2003
Philly
:( I was hoping for a cheep Christmas iPod. I have a 15 for me but I need to buy one for someone eles...Ohh well Mybe next year.

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
I met 5 folks going to buy iPods today because of the 10% off sale today.

$269.10 isn't too bad of discount.

Most folks are going to the stores to get freebies as well.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I stopped in the Roosevelt Field, NY store earlier today and was there for about 45 minutes. Picked up a few new accessories. Saw about a dozen iPods and 3 20" iMacs sold while I was there. Was very tempted to buy the 20" iMac but I'm holding out for a G5 (maybe at MWSF) or a price drop in January.

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Originally posted by rdowns
I stopped in the Roosevelt Field, NY store earlier today and was there for about 45 minutes. Picked up a few new accessories. Saw about a dozen iPods and 3 20" iMacs sold while I was there. Was very tempted to buy the 20" iMac but I'm holding out for a G5 (maybe at MWSF) or a price drop in January.

That's good to hear. I might have to stop by the Roosevelt Field store, as I live pretty close to it.

beelzeben

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2003
Child of the world
Ok, this is ridiculous.

I realise today is the day after thanksgiving and the traditional start of christmas shopping for the USA and all, but come on Apple, give the rest of the world a freakin' break!

The 10gb ipod is currently £250 (presently ~$420, yes, over 400 ...) yet no sign of any promotion anywhere this side of the pond.

Grrrrrrrrrr

Enjoy it while you can you guys :(

seanatki

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2003
Just stopped at the Apple Store in Germantown, TN to pick up an iTrip. Works great, but no freebies though...very disappointed. :(

Steamboatwillie

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2003
Memphis, TN
Originally posted by seanatki
Just stopped at the Apple Store in Germantown, TN to pick up an iTrip. Works great, but no freebies though...very disappointed. :(

Glad you mentioned it, I was going to stop buy this afternoon. Thanks for the heads up at the Germantown store.

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Hmmm. I wonder why they elected to give 10% off of the JBL speakers and not on the Klipsch speakers I just ordered.

TomSmithMacEd

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2003
Fargo, ND
I wish I knew wether or not I was getting an iPod for Christmas! Then I would take charge of some of these accessori deals. Does the iTrip work well?

TylerL

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2002
Originally posted by beelzeben
The 10gb ipod is currently £250 (presently ~$420, yes, over 400 ...)
Welcome to the wonderful US world of Tax Not Included.
UK Store: Prices are inclusive of 17.5% VAT
The approximate price before VAT would be about £210, or ~$356.74.

You're better off buying a 20GB iPod, which is only about $25 more than the US price given current exchange rates.

beelzeben

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2003
Child of the world
Originally posted by TylerL
Welcome to the wonderful US world of Tax Not Included.
UK Store: Prices are inclusive of 17.5% VAT
The approximate price before VAT would be about £210, or ~$356.74.

You're better off buying a 20GB iPod, which is only about $25 more than the US price given current exchange rates.

Very true :)

But my beef wasn't with the 20gb, it was more the fact this promotion is a US only one. Sucks to be among the other 95% population of the world.

Winston Smith

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2003
Oceania
How tragic I wasn't born in America.

This means Apple will take my money and give me tasters of what I could get (Sherlock, (iPhoto), iTunes music store) had I been born stateside.

But the big iPod and extras orders I'd like to make will wait longer and could well never happen after receiving another international finger.

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Canada your in LUCK

The Canadian Apple Store website also is doing the 10% off of all iPod goods. So this apparently a North American promo not just a US promo.

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
When Apple opens more retail stores overseas next yr I can bet you, you guys will get more promo's and probably some promo's for your country only.

paulhorne

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2003
This is the Big Music Event?

I think this event is pretty LAME. OK so there's no $99 ipod, that rumor wasn't really believable. But given it's the first day of the xmas shopping season, and how Apple is trying to position itself with regard to Music, and the potential BILLION DOLLAR McDonalds deal and ONE HUNDRED MILLION Pepsi deal about to launch in January...

And the best they can do for holiday sales is offer a 10% discount on ONE DAY? How many people will even know about this event? And it's not being advertised on Apple.com? Add in my 8% sales tax and I'm netting a whopping 2% -- talk about slashing prices!

This is the most un-maclike promotion I've ever seen. I can only guess that this means they're just trying to unload some more ipods over the holidays before announcing the next gen units at Macworld SF.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Originally posted by TomSmithMacEd
Does the iTrip work well?
The iTrip we've got works just fine. That's not a statistically significant sample size, of course. But count that as one YES vote.

Did anybody get freebies at an Apple Store? If so, what were they?

MisterG5

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2003
Jackson, MI
Re: This is the Big Music Event?

Originally posted by paulhorne
I think this is totally LAME -- after building up this event for so long... OK so there's no $99 ipod version, that rumor wasn't really believable. But given it's the first day of the xmas shopping season, and how Apple is trying to position itself with regard to Music, and the potential BILLION DOLLAR McDonalds deal and ONE HUNDRED MILLION Pepsi deal about to launch in January...

And the best they can do for holiday sales is offer a 10% discount on ONE DAY? How many people will even know about this event? Add in my 8% sales tax and I'm netting a whopping 2% -- talk about slashing prices!

This is the most un-maclike promotion I've ever seen. I can only guess that this means they're just trying to unload some more ipods over the holidays before announcing the next gen units at Macworld SF.
Since you don't figure in the 8% sales tax on the item without the 10% off you must live in a state where they only charge sales tax on sale items, can you tell me where to buy a house?

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
They were suppose to have t-shirts and cds but they probably ran out early if they even had them.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by Doctor Q
The iTrip we've got works just fine. That's not a statistically significant sample size, of course. But count that as one YES vote.

Did anybody get freebies at an Apple Store? If so, what were they?

Nothing being given away, at least in the Long Island store.

(edit) They did have iTunes Windows CDs there and also in CompUSA.

paulhorne

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2003
Re: Re: This is the Big Music Event?

Originally posted by MisterG5
Since you don't figure in the 8% sales tax on the item without the 10% off you must live in a state where they only charge sales tax on sale items, can you tell me where to buy a house?

Actually I usually buy online from out-of-state retailers so I don't pay sales tax. There would have to be a significant benefit to purchasing something directly from an Apple store, and this certainly isn't it. Plus when you buy a computer from Macwarehouse or the other online retailers, they usually throw in RAM, a printer, etc. AND with no sales tax, it's always a much better deal than the Apple store (even with today's $100 off deal). I'm not bashing Apple or the store, because I know the stores have been vital for marketing and education. But the big music event was, I think, a missed opportunity and a lot of hype.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.