Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cosmosent

macrumors 68020
Apr 20, 2016
La Jolla, CA
Off the Radar of most:

1.) If a Massive Boost in Digital Zoom is announced, that very-likely implies much higher res image sensor ! ... here, probably a 48 Mpx image sensor, with 0.7um pixels, OR 1.4um with Pixel Binning.

2.) LPDDR5 in the two "Pro" models.

3.) the updated 65mm ? Telephoto Camera design in the Pro Max model (vs. 52mm in the Pro) ... here, Apple has adjusted the physical dimensions of the Telephoto design to obtain a 2.5x Zoom In factor relative to the 26mm Back Wide.

IIGS User

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2019
I was going to get the 12 in blue, as I didn't want to put out the extra money.

Buuuuttt, the overtime fairy called TWICE this week and brought me extra time and a half ducats. So I'll go with the Pro if the extra storage rumors are true.

SidricTheViking

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2014
Can anyone explain why Apple, with a penchant for using excellent music in its promotional material, uses this annoying, hypnotic, irritating music while we wait for the event to kick off?

Having said that, I do love the equally hypnotic colour changes.......so soothing...

Last edited:

CWallace

macrumors G4
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
As usual, we know pretty much everything ahead of the actual broadcast, but I am still hoping they mention Apple Silicon Macs now that new, unknown models might have been submitted to the EEC.

Reactions: DotCom2

beermode

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2016
Can anyone explain why Apple, with a penchant for using excellent music in its promotional material, uses this annoying, hypnotic, irritating music while we wait for the accent to kick off?

Having said that, I do love the equally hypnotic colour changes.......so soothing...
I think you got phished. Try the Apple channel.

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
It should be there now. Just scroll down a little. I have it lined up on mine.

thanks. Yes. It just appeared; at T - 10 mins.

I guess that’s different to how the previous ‘Apple Events’ app used to work, with it being updated several days ahead of the event.

cheers!

Schmuron

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2011
This is a day I've been looking forward to for two-and-a-half years...

No, actually I've been waiting seven years. Time to finally say goodbye to my beloved iPhone 5S
Why not get the iPhone SE 2020? That would be a good match for keeping a similar comfortable size and a huge specs upgrade with spending the least.

hagjohn

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2006
Pennsylvania
I'll be upgrading my X to probably a Pro or Pro max. If they come with the same camera, then a Pro. If Pro Max has a better camera setup, then I'm going for that, because yes, I'm buying for the camera and Qualcomm modem.

Reactions: DoubleDragon1987
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.