Apple Event in Last Week of February?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

TUAW tentatively claims that Mira Mobile is hiring for an unannounced Apple event in the last week of February.

The company reportedly coordinates television services for sporting and other live events, including Apple's events. TUAW cautions that this is otherwise unconfirmed information, but speculates the iPhone SDK may be the subject of a late-February announcement. We received a similar (the same?) tip earlier this month, but were unable to confirm it.

Of interest, it does appear that Apple contracts out to MiraMobile for their AV needs. A video documents the AV truck that was used at Macworld San Francisco's Keynote speech, which was stamped with MiraMobile's url:

Apple is due for a number of potential releases in the coming weeks: Apple TV software revision, MacBook Pro updates, and Mac OS X 10.5.2. The iPhone SDK, however, is the most likely to warrant its own event.

Article Link

Stang68

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2007
USA
Definitely iphone/touch SDK. Steve will showcase the new features and the best apps.

Appler

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2006
Why would they need a full event JUST for the SDK's, which could easily be quietly-but noticeably-announced? I do hope for several upgrades, the most important-judging from so many folks here in the forums-is the macbook pro's long due upgrade.

NewbieNerd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2005
Chicago, IL
Goodness, always a reason to think a MBP is coming out on a given Tuesday/week. SURELY this is a guarantee that the MBP will be out by the end of the month. Right?

Prof.

macrumors 601
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago
MacBook Pro? 3G iPhone? ALUMINUM MACBOOKS!?!?!?!?!:D

The possibilities are endless :cool:

GLAVIN!!! GLAVIN!!! GLAVIN!!!

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
Why would they need a full event JUST for the SDK's, which could easily be quietly-but noticeably-announced? I do hope for several upgrades, the most important-judging from so many folks here in the forums-is the macbook pro's long due upgrade.
Because it is a huge thing for them to release the SDK.

They will most likely update a few other things simultaneously.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Just had a look at their website and those lorries look like serious bits of kit.

iPhone SDK release and probably something else, maybe MBs/MBPs - all to LED

chr1s60

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
California
This sounds reasonable. If they held an event it would give Steve a chance to announce the SDK release and show how apps are going to work with the iPhone. It would also be a great time for Apple to release the updated MacBook Pro we have been waiting for. Hopefully there will be an event.

Shannighan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
Buffalo, NY
because they are going to want to showcase how easy it is to use and they are going to want all eyes on them and the iPhone.

they will also showcase OS X 10.5.2, which i guess is going to have alot more features.

writeous

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2007
It amazes me how secretive Apple is. The only dates they seem to publicly list are for new OS.

c073186

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2007
I just bought a 23" Cinema Display. Do you think I should return it and wait to see if new ones come out...? It is unopened. I have three more days left to return it so I must decide soon.

vijay08

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2008
No not the macbooks...

MacBook Pro? 3G iPhone? ALUMINUM MACBOOKS!?!?!?!?!:D

The possibilities are endless :cool:

GLAVIN!!! GLAVIN!!! GLAVIN!!!
I hope they dont release the Macbook Pros so soon, I ordered one yesterday
:mad:

Could not wait...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.