Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dlewisdm

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2008
http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2008/02/13/starbucks-nationwide-to-close-for-emergency-re-training-feb-26/

Perhaps a bit off topic at present, but in line with original line of article? Coincidence? You decide.

I read that Apple would be offering free WiFi access to all iPod touch and iPhone users at all Starbucks and Mac users with puchase cards.

Has Starbucks EVER closed all of its stores at the same time for "training" or "re-training"? And for just 3 hours. And on the same day as an Apple Special Event?

Maybe coincidence. Maybe not. :rolleyes:

To clarify, it's not Apple that has the agreement with Starbucks...it's AT&T...who just happens to be the exclusive carrier of the iPhone in the U.S. at the moment. As far as this falling on the 26th, I'm going to have to say that it is pure coincidence. AT&T and Starbucks entered into the agreement to increase brand loyalty and the free wifi is available to anyone who has a Starbucks card regardless of whether or not they are using an Apple product. Plus, if this were some sort of "launch" event, I doubt they would be closing stores in order to show off the new application. The training would have been done earlier and probably not announced. This is simply another step towards the new Starbucks management trying to gain back some of the market share they have lost over the years as people realize that you can get better coffee from nicer people elsewhere.

Pukey

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2008
Gekkostate
http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2008/02/13/starbucks-nationwide-to-close-for-emergency-re-training-feb-26/

Perhaps a bit off topic at present, but in line with original line of article? Coincidence? You decide.

I read that Apple would be offering free WiFi access to all iPod touch and iPhone users at all Starbucks and Mac users with puchase cards.

Has Starbucks EVER closed all of its stores at the same time for "training" or "re-training"? And for just 3 hours. And on the same day as an Apple Special Event?

Maybe coincidence. Maybe not. :rolleyes:

Hahaa! That is an interesting coincidence...
I've never heard of Starbucks closing during normal business hours for "training". As far as learning to make better coffee...I laugh.
The article says they're closing at 5:30, but the Apple event would no doubt be earlier I would think?

Pukey

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2008
Gekkostate
To clarify, it's not Apple that has the agreement with Starbucks...it's AT&T...who just happens to be the exclusive carrier of the iPhone in the U.S. at the moment. As far as this falling on the 26th, I'm going to have to say that it is pure coincidence. AT&T and Starbucks entered into the agreement to increase brand loyalty and the free wifi is available to anyone who has a Starbucks card regardless of whether or not they are using an Apple product.

Ahh...
Thanks for the clarification. Did not realize this.

sal

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2007
i don't think they'll be shipping a 3g iphone so soon after the 16gb phone came out. If anything, they'll probably just announce it and it won't be shipped for a few months.

I am excited by the event, I am sure there will be a lot of great apps soon.

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
Have invitations been sent out? Would anybody from these forums actually know if they have? I can't imagine Apple having an event and not inviting anybody...

OMAN9520

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2008
I'm going to be the hated one and say it, it looks like this rumored 26th event is nothing more than a rumor. Its to late to send out invited now.

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
Unless there is an NDA on the back preventing anyone with an invite from blabbing! Just a thought… :D

Being realistic I think you are probably right nhioi.

The latest they have to launch the SDK is next Friday if they are still sticking to the deadline, but that's not to say they can't have a public event in early March, if at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.