Apple Exec Overseeing Siri Departs Role

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 1, 2019.

1. dan110 macrumors 6502a

dan110

I have a theory on why Siri sucks so bad. It's not the ability to build an excellent AI/ML service. It's the poor leadership and the present-day Tim Cook culture that won't allow them to do what they need to do. So, those in leadership/management positions just throw their hands up and collect a check until they're given a nice severance package to launch their own startup.

2. PS8409 macrumors member

Alexa got way better later. So it is meant to be the current Alexa leader. 5 year old tech is ancient tech. As you can tell by all the rave reviews of Alexa she is doing a far better job than Siri is.

3. n-evo macrumors 65816

n-evo

I’m using Siri on a daily basis and have no major issues with it. Especially if you realize that Apple is pretty much the only party who focuses on and cares about privacy.

I tried asking the same questions as you, only in Dutch. The first question goes just fine (How old is Barack Obama? / Hoe oud is Barack Obama?), but Siri immediately fails at answering the second question. So yeah, the complexity you’re describing is pretty much non-existent on my side.

4. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

But how will the poor guy get siri to tell him how to get home?

Hold on... She'll tap you when she's ready bro.