Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ikramerica

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2009
Popular products in a time of global supply issues. It’s a wonder it’s only two months.
Then how is his greatest contribution the supply chain when Apple is not overcoming issues better than most other companies?

Sure, they are doing better than Miele, but is that the standard?

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Then how is his greatest contribution the supply chain when Apple is not overcoming issues better than most other companies?

Sure, they are doing better than Miele, but is that the standard?

Because he’s been running the supply chain show for almost two decades very successfully already? Plenty others cannot source anything for the next few months or worse in all kinds of industries.

Reactions: satchmo

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
interesting, would have expected a different answer, but, technically, it broke after several (?) years ...

Of course it lasted a few years but so did my sport bands that I bought at the same time. And that’s rubber :)

Reactions: jz0309

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Now that I’m thinking about it, good for environment too, cause one container can load SO MANY MORE Apple Watch unit even with only charging cable and Watch main unit. Suits their “environmental protection” propaganda perfectly well.
I agree with that, or at a minimum, give me the option of "deleting" the band.

Smoovejayy

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2012
I don’t think so. Look the iPhone cases. Each new iPhone have slight changes, be it thickness and the size of the camera bump, that warrants a new case. Doesn’t stop people from buying new cases every year.
I think people tend to upgrade phones more frequently than watches.

Reactions: ericwn

Vjosullivan

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2013
Lots of ribbing and cheap jabs here, but the Watch bands are a key (and under appreciated) reason why the Apple Watch is as popular as it is...
Seriously? What about the watch faces?

Ah, maybe you're right. The watch faces are generally so dull and boring that people find the watch bands more compelling.

With the length of time the watch has been out, there's no excuse for not having hundreds of faces to choose from.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016

Ah, maybe you're right. The watch faces are generally so dull and boring that people find the watch bands more compelling.

With the length of time the watch has been out, there's no excuse for not having hundreds of faces to choose from.

The watch wouldn’t be a success without a well received interface. In typical Apple fashion they decided to not let third parties mess that up and still it seems way more successful than any other smart watch on the market.

Reactions: TTTedP

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore

I feel that watch bands, being physical and therefore more visual and prominent, will have a greater impact on customisation than a watch face people may never see.

gtkriz

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2015
Take my advice, buy the cheap sport band, then make your way to Amazon and buy whatever band you want for $5-10 each. I have one for every occasion and outfit, and it costed me about $50.

I got a generic Milanese band for $10 and it fits perfectly and works great after three years. Apple's markup on these sorts of things prevents me admiring the company more.
That didn't work for me - in all cheap bands I bought from Amazon there is nickel in all parts metall (i.e. the lock on the silicone sport bands), and I and a lot of other people are allergic to it. With the original Apple bands I have no problems whatsoever, and in comparison Apple's quality is superior in just every aspect. Still, I think the high price is inappropriate.

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
Are any of the Apple watch bands are hypoallergenic for those with sensitive skin issues?
I have very sensitive skin, eczema, and allergies to latex and nickel. The bands that work best for me are the sport loops. When I’ve tried to wear a regular Apple sport band, I get a crop of little itchy bumps under the band. I don’t think I’m allergic to the band material itself, since the synthetic rubber fluorelastomer doesn’t contain latex; I think Apple has tried to remove known allergens from their items as much as possible. I think my problem is caused by sweat getting trapped under the band. I still get irritated by sweat trapped under the watch body itself but with the sport loop I can loosen the band a bit without fear of the watch falling off my arm, and relocate my watch to a dry spot on my wrist. To be honest I have to do this frequently, but it’s the price I pay to be able to wear the watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: red elma

cocoua

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2014
madrid, spain
Thousand of combinations with color watchbands (amazing design and options) vs a square black brick (until you wave your arms..)

TheOldChevy

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2020
Switzerland
Apple has a wide range of Apple Watch bands for customers to choose from, and the design of the Apple Watch allows them to quickly change their bands as they please, a typically hard thing to do with traditional watches.

Come on. Changing a traditional watch arm band is not hard. It may require minimum of attention, but I wonder if we lose any physical ability by being for too long behind our screen.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Come on. Changing a traditional watch arm band is not hard. It may require minimum of attention, but I wonder if we lose any physical ability by being for too long behind our screen.

I think you should compare a few random watches from the past with the effort it takes on an Apple Watch without tools and then re-evaluate. Tons of people never swap their watch bands on traditional watches as is often requires compressing a tiny spring versus most Apple Watch owners actually having multiple bands that get swapped in way less time.

Reactions: Razorpit and cocoua

DanTSX

Suspended
Oct 22, 2013
It is time to update the Apple Watch case (and if need be, the band connections) for the next several years of iterations.

Apple Watch 0-7 are nice, but look outdated. Let’s see them go for a flat style with a new band design.

Reactions: cocoua

EditorsKeysUK

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2020
Manchester UK and USA
A127A751-14C5-458B-9D19-646CC024B02E.jpeg

I do think it’s one of the best features of the Apple Watch, whatever you’re wearing you can always switch up!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.