Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

A7ibaba

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2012
Sweden
I don't like big phones either.5S is perfect for me,but we all must be aware that someday we will have only one option to buy if we want to stick with iPhone. So,if i must buy,i would always choose smaler iphone over the bigger,because whats the point to walk around with brick in my pocket !? 5.5" is oversize for me.

With Apple tv 4th gen which comes this year,you will have Air play to big screen tv with iphone.So,you come home turn on the tv and play your games,surf the web and all other stuff on TV with your iPhone.

downpour

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
Here's my improvement compared to the mockup.

attachment.php

I think larger saphire-glass back panels would make it look a lot more Apple-like and similar to the 5s.

ccd3540f31d95268d9acda22727099e9.jpg

parapup

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2006
Lots of innovation from Apple this year - Custom keyboards, notification widgets, battery stats, cross app sharing and now bigger screens!

b0nd18t

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
Really? So you have compared it to the actual schematics and models from Apple to determine this?

Or did you mean "it's the one I like the most so far" which is a very different thing?

What he meant was based on all the leaked front/back panels, schematics and dummy phones. Which unanimously point to that exact design. But you already knew that.

rp2011

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2010
I would imagine that the loop striped antenna bands top and bottom are more a cost cutting effort than anything else. Adding precision cut glass inserts to the top and bottom of an aluminum casing costs a hell of a lot more time and money than just adding pin stripes to serve the same purpose. Sure not aesthetically pleasing.

ninethirty

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
I can't wait to see how Apple explains their way out of the experience driven ads that ran with the 5 and 5S where they defended the decision to not make the phone itself bigger, but rather make the screen a little taller. They made an ad specifically that showed the range a thumb could move across a screen and said they make the decision specifically so as not to have made things difficult for people.

I've owned every iPhone that's come out, and I've also owned 3 Android phones, the last of which was a Galaxy Nexus, and it was annoyingly big. In order to get to all areas of the screen I had to adjust my palm so my thumb could reach whatever I was trying to tap.

Personally, I think Apple's stumbled a bit lately. They haven't done anything particularly interesting in a while, and now they're just caving to market pressure instead of doing what they do best: experience design. Although I like the render associated with this story, I have a feeling that the actual iPhone6 is going to look like the other leaks we've seen so far, and to be honest, it's really ugly. iOS 7 and 8 are a design nightmare too. If I HAVE to go with a larger phone, I think I might be about ready to try Android again, especially with Android L and Material Design looking really nice. Yeah yeah, I know. Nobody's going to miss me. But I've been a pretty die hard Apple fan. My friends would tell you that if I'm considering jumping ship, that something is seriously wrong. And I think something is.

The same was said about the 5, they should stop constantly living in the past.

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2012
This render I actually like. The other renders were not as refined as this one.

I agree it looks better, but it still looks very plastic-y. I really hope we will see some sort of glass and aluminium or something like on the iPhone 4-5S.

The plastic-y feel could be because it's not real yet, and all the things we've seen were fakes/prototypes built with cheap material, but on the other hand the glass always gave the iPhone a "glossy" feel which fit the design of pre-iOS7, whereas the plastic matte rear would fit iOS7-8. So let's hope it won't be this way. The iPhone 5 already (partially) saw this matte aluminium rear (which looked good, however), and then the iPhone 5S was all plastic and colourful, which obviously fitted iOS 7 very well, as horrible as it looks.

neonjohn

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2014
Sorry for being a relative release date noob (Although I did pre-order the iPod touch gen 1 in 2007)...but is release date supply better these past few years, or will I have to wait in line at an Apple store for a week prior to launch? Rumors are kind of bittersweet if I can't get one for months...

And of course I'll wait for the larger version since I have big hands, so I might be waiting either way, but I'd like to know!

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Rumors and past release date info have thus far pointed towards a September launch date for the iPhone 6, which has now been confirmed by a reliable source that spoke to MacRumors.

Mass shipments of the iPhone 6 from China to the United States are expected to occur during the last two weeks of August and it is likely that Apple will announce the iPhone 6 during the first or second weeks of September. The first deliveries of the device will come later in the month on a corresponding Friday, roughly a week and a half after the event.

ImageiPhone 6 render by Tomas Moyano and Nicolas Aichino
An early September event is in line with previous rumors and with the event dates of the last two iPhone generations. The iPhone 5 was announced on Wednesday, September 12 with availability occurring on September 21 and the iPhone 5s/5c was announced on Tuesday, September 10 with availability starting on September 20.

It remains unknown if the September iPhone 6 event will include just the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 or both the 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch variations. Early rumors pointed towards production issues that might delay the launch of the larger phone, but those problems appear to be solved and a recent rumor from Bloomberg has suggested both devices could launch at the same time.

A report from earlier today pointed towards a September 25 launch date for the iPhone 6, but Apple typically releases the iPhone on a Friday, making this prediction unlikely. September 12, 19, and 26 are all probable launch dates for the iPhone 6, based on production speed and available inventory.

Apple's iPhone 6 is expected to include a larger display size along with a thinner iPod-touch style design, an A8 processor, and camera improvements. The 5.5-inch iPhone has thus far been positioned as the premium version and may include upgrades like optical image stabilization and a larger storage capacity, with a $100 price premium.

Article Link: Apple Expected to Announce iPhone 6 in Early September, With Launch Later in the Month

From that render it looks a lot like this phone.......
Blackberry Z30

th

----------

Lots of innovation from Apple this year - Custom keyboards, notification widgets, battery stats, cross app sharing and now bigger screens!
Yoda says: Expectations are low with this one.......

MacSince1990

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2009
This. In fact I upgraded to a 5s today. A larger screen doesn't interest me and the 5 had plenty of horsepower for my needs.

However, I realize this will be an exciting event for the phablets fans as well as the frequent upgrades.

There definitely are times when I would like a larger screen (5.5", even, though I don't think I would ever be happy with it for every day use), and 4.7" sounds pretty good.

But as far as horsepower goes, I definitely feel the same way; I used other people's iPhones when they were new, and I was surprised by how slow they were (3G, 3GS, and iPhone 4); the 4S was the first one I found satisfactorily fast, and the 5 is the first one I found fast enough at all times (with perhaps a few minor exceptions that are likely due more to storage speed or programming rather than processing speed).

I'm also not a fan of the iOS 7 interface.

wankey

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2005
If you call those innovation, you're defining the term innovation so low.

GUI - Xerox
Tablets - Microsoft
MP3 players - Sony
Smartphones - Blackberry / Palm
Online music stiore - Ritmoteca.com (1998)
Watches - Pebble / Google

Apple hasn't innovated a single thing since 1986.

Seriously, Apple makes things work better for everyone, and that by definition is innovation. What you're talking about is ideas with no execution.

b0nd18t

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
If the final design looks anything like this, or the design recently posted on 9to5mac.com, they will sell so damn many of these things. I'm sure the internal upgrade will be phenomenal as well.

wankey

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2005
I already have the money for both the phone and watch. I just hope they release more colors.

I have personal sources who say the watch might be from $1000 - $8000. They hired burberry and Tag heuer guys for a reason. So don't count on buying that watch.

b0nd18t

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
Sorry for being a relative release date noob (Although I did pre-order the iPod touch gen 1 in 2007)...but is release date supply better these past few years, or will I have to wait in line at an Apple store for a week prior to launch? Rumors are kind of bittersweet if I can't get one for months...

And of course I'll wait for the larger version since I have big hands, so I might be waiting either way, but I'd like to know!

A couple years ago I preordered online at like 3am. Pretty sure they still do it that way, no need to wait in any line.

RiddlaBronc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2013
Mcallen Tx
I have personal sources who say the watch might be from $1000 - $8000. They hired burberry and Tag heuer guys for a reason. So don't count on buying that watch.

I seriously doubt Apple would price their gadget that high. It will be a flop if they do. Case in point at that price, no deal for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.