Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is set to report financial results for the second quarter of the 2022 fiscal year later today, and Wall Street is expecting record-breaking figures.

ternus-mac-studio.jpg

On average, analysts forecast that Apple will set a new March quarter record for the company with revenue of $93.9 billion, according to Yahoo Finance. This revenue growth is expected to come from the iPhone, Mac, Services, and Wearables, while iPad revenue is expected to be relatively flat, according to estimates compiled by Philip Elmer-DeWitt.

Apple's revenue over the last five March quarters:
  • 2022 (Estimated): $93.9 billion
  • 2021: $89.6 billion
  • 2020: $58.3 billion
  • 2019: $58.0 billion
  • 2018: $61.1 billion
Apple's second quarter ran from December 26 through March 26, according to the company's fiscal calendar. During this period, Apple launched its all-new Mac Studio desktop computer and Studio Display, the third-generation iPhone SE, the fifth-generation iPad Air, and new green color options for the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro.

Apple will report its earnings results at 1:30 p.m. Pacific Time today. Apple's CEO Tim Cook and CFO Luca Maestri will discuss the results on a conference call at 2 p.m. Pacific Time today, and MacRumors will have live coverage of the remarks.

Article Link: Apple Expected to Announce Record-Breaking March Quarter

Freeangel1

Suspended
Jan 13, 2020
I'm actually surprised.

Selling 7000 Mac units in 1 quarter seems extremely low. especially for introducing the New Mac Studio and the new MacBook Pro.

Brand new Mac Models and a new Apple Silicon Architecture and only 7000 Macs were sold in one whole quarter??

yabeweb

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2021
With all that money they have they can give everyone in the world $125 million each and free phones
I am pretty sure your math is off there.
Also a big difference between revenues, profit, money in the bank, and market cap.
You had to know I was being sarcastic. Please tell me you knew that
Everyone says that when they sober up and realized what they wrote...

Hey I'll have what you had!

gomichaelgo

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
It's a strange time when companies announce record quarters (revue, profit, profit margin, sales...) while we are discussing inflation costs, rising ceo pay, union busting efforts.

w5jck

Suspended
Nov 9, 2013
I'm actually surprised.

Selling 7000 Mac units in 1 quarter seems extremely low. especially for introducing the New Mac Studio and the new MacBook Pro.

Brand new Mac Models and a new Apple Silicon Architecture and only 7000 Macs were sold in one whole quarter??
Apple's "bread and butter" device has been the iPhone for well over a decade now. They concentrate on their big money maker (iPhones/iPads) and the services they can generate sales from that are connected to them. Macs are just a small portion of their overpriced empire.

Reactions: Unregistered 4U

Macative

Suspended
Mar 7, 2022
I'm actually surprised.

Firstly, no one can even get the MacBook Pro.

Second, who is buying the Mac Studio? Not many.

Macative

Suspended
Mar 7, 2022
Apple's "bread and butter" device has been the iPhone for well over a decade now. They concentrate on their big money maker (iPhones/iPads) and the services they can generate sales from that are connected to them. Macs are just a small portion of their overpriced empire.
Mac has outsold iPad several, several times.

iPhone is in a class unto itself and is practically a different company from everything else.

Diablo360

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2009
Apple seems to be doing great but I wonder how long they (and other tech companies) can keep growing this fast? The economic picture seems to be getting bleaker by the day, supply chain issues, inflation out of control, etc..

Reactions: Doomtomb
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.