Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shaunp

Cancelled
Nov 5, 2010
Step back and listen to yourself. I want to give Apple my money. I like their products. But they don't want to make a system that fits my needs despite easily being able to do so.

I fail to see how my attitude is somehow a problem. It's unbelievably short sighted to eschew business from customers wanting to buy things from you.

I have the same issue as you - Apple don't want to make the kit I need any longer. To many people on here are quick to say that we represent a tiny proportion the market share and should basically shut up. Sad really.

Chicane-UK

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2008
I have the same issue as you - Apple don't want to make the kit I need any longer. To many people on here are quick to say that we represent a tiny proportion the market share and should basically shut up. Sad really.

I wouldn't mind but I'm not after massive innovation or product overhauls.. nor am I demanding some ludicrous specification powerhouse. Just incremental refreshes and hardware broadly in line with what numerous other companies are perfectly capable of churning out and which Apple were also capable of churning out up until the last 3 years or so.

It astounds me really. Was getting increasingly frustrated with my Mac Mini today with it's pretty lamentable performance - and despite me buying it two years ago, with it being maxed out (except the SSD) I realised it's still exactly the same as top spec Mini that Apple sells today for a shade over £1,300! £1,300!!! They should frankly be ashamed of some of the hardware and the prices associated with it today. It's just shocking.

dotnet

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I have the same issue as you - Apple don't want to make the kit I need any longer.

That can happen. It's regrettable, but people are usually able to move on.

To many people on here are quick to say that we represent a tiny proportion the market share and should basically shut up. Sad really.

You're welcome to point out your predicament, as long as this doesn't turn into the incessant whine and repetitive ranting that flares up at the slightest trigger and give the forums this annoying background hum. That's when people ask you to shut up.

See, I used to be a big Subaru fan. Some ten years ago they stopped making the sort of car that I wanted to buy. With a heavy heart I switched to another brand of car, then another, until I found something I liked. What I didn't do was haunt the Subaru forums ever since with rants about how Subaru is doomed, their CEO sucks, etc.

If Apple no longer makes products that suit you then move on. Don't generalise from your experience, though, and insist that their products no longer suit anybody, or that everybody else should stop liking them, too.

Reactions: Abazigal and I7guy

steve333

macrumors 65816
Dec 12, 2008
I disagree about your "slave labour" comments.

Can you point out another phone maker that uses some "other" kind of labour that is different from what Apple uses?

I mean - what is your point?
My point is that Apple pays low wages and still charges the same high prices. Easy to make money ripping off your customers

Keane16

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2007
Step back and listen to yourself. I want to give Apple my money. I like their products. But they don't want to make a system that fits my needs despite easily being able to do so.

I fail to see how my attitude is somehow a problem. It's unbelievably short sighted to eschew business from customers wanting to buy things from you.

No thanks. I stepped back and accepted a long time ago - when I was a young lad - that no company will fulfil my every need.

Do yourself a favour and look at the trends and facts. Their business decisions (dropping X Serve, scaling back on OS X server, moving away from updating the Mac Pro regularly etc.) show that they do not what to play in that high end enterprise/need the absolute highest end performance space.

It's great that you want to give them money for a product they don't make, no matter how easy it might be to make. But that is irrelevant. How many of your type of user are there? Is it worthwhile long term for Apple to pursue that kind of user. How would such a product affect their other offerings and the vision they have for computing. I don't have the market research. I don't know what Apple has cooking in their labs. Apple does. They've chosen to go down their path.

Beating the horse when it's clearly dead is a waste of your time.

I use a ThinkPad at work as it has an incredible number of ports, very fast CPU and supports some Windows only software that I need. I hate the trackpad, I hate the screen. I hate the weight. I hate the thickness. I hate the boot up time. I hate the fact it doesn't sleep/wake properly. I hate Windows 7. I hate the battery life. But I use it as at the moment I need the legacy ports and the CPU makes light of certain tasks (and I do like the keyboard). No matter how much more I prefer using my 2011 MBP at home, I know getting a MBP for my current line of work would not be a wise decision.

Reactions: thekeyring

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
Apple designed the wrong machine for the target audience in the Mac Pro. When I think pro user I think the guy editing video with a PCI capture or output card, another card for his RAID array, and maybe a high horsepower GPU. He has the need to change one or all of them at any time. Or the musician with some PCI cards interfacing with their instruments. Or the scientist needing the great GPU with various PCI cards to connect to whatever they need. IOW: a high end machine with PCI expansion like the previous cheesegraters. What Apple did was design a Pro Imac which probably no pro asked for and few wanted. Sure it's a gorgeous machine and one that performs well but it's too limited for its target audience.

And I still stand by my assertion Gruber's a hack. His "writing" is nothing special and contains mainly his opinions. I've read DF and am less than impressed.

You can judge his writing for yourself. What's interesting to me is that 1) he's been around for long enough to notice that a lot of what you all criticise Tim Cook for happened under Steve Jobs and 2) He has sources within Apple who leak stuff.

viajeindia

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2017
Delhi

Apple is scheduled to report its earnings results for the first quarter of the 2017 fiscal year at 1:30 p.m. Pacific Time today, revealing how much money it made between September 25 and December 31 of last year. The holiday shopping season typically makes this quarter Apple's most lucrative of the year.

apple-earnings-q1-17-800x415.jpg

Apple benefitted from an extra week of sales in the quarter--14 versus the usual 13--due to a step it takes every 5 years or so to realign its September-ending fiscal quarter with the typical December-ending calendar quarter. Given the week fell between Christmas and the New Year, the seven extra days of sales could be significant.

Apple's official guidance calls for revenue of between $76 billion and $78 billion, which would be its highest revenue in a single quarter ever--topping its current record of $75.9 billion in the year-ago quarter. Apple also expects gross margin between 38% and 38.5%, compared to 40.1% in the year-ago quarter.

The average expectation among Wall Street analysts is that Apple will report revenue around the $77 billion mark, or roughly the midpoint of Apple's guidance. Herein is a list of some of those predictions, ordered from lowest to highest, based on compiled averages and research notes obtained by MacRumors:

o Mark Moskowitz of Barclays: $76.6 billion
o Timothy Arcuri of Cowen and Company: $76.68 billion
o Steven Milunovich of UBS: $76.8 billion
o Amit Daryanani of RBC Capital Markets: $76.9 billion
o Rod Hall of J.P. Morgan: $76.9 billion
o Bloomberg News compiled average: $77 billion
o Yahoo Finance compiled average: $77.38 billion
o Reuters compiled average: $77.4 billion
o Brian White of Drexel Hamilton: $77.61 billion
o Neil Cybart of Above Avalon: $80 billion

The record-breaking revenue would put an end to Apple's past three consecutive quarters of declining revenue on a year-over-year basis, which resulted in the company's first annual revenue decline since 2001. Prior to 2016, Apple had an impressive streak of 51 consecutive quarters of uninterrupted sales growth.

While iPhone sales dropped for the first time ever last year, the smartphone is still Apple's most important product by far--it accounted for 60% of the company's revenue last quarter. The consensus among analysts is that Apple will have sold around 76 million iPhones, up slightly from 74.8 million in the year-ago quarter.

Most analysts believe a higher ratio of customers purchased a Plus-sized iPhone this launch, with the dual-lens camera in particular enticing customers to choose the 5.5-inch model over the smaller iPhone 7.

Above Avalon analyst Neil Cybart estimates Apple sold 5.6 million Macs in the quarter, a 5% increase over the 5.3 million it sold in the year-ago period. The quarter was highlighted by the launch of long-awaited MacBook Pro with Touch Bar models in late October, which likely inflated sales.

iPad sales may remain on a longstanding downward trend based on units, but more expensive iPad Pro models have led to higher average selling prices and increased revenue for Apple's tablet business.
above-avalon-1q17.jpg

Cybart expects revenue from Apple's growing services category to rise to $6.7 billion, a 22% increase over the $6.1 billion it reported in the year-ago quarter. These earnings are derived from the App Store, iTunes, Apple Music, iCloud storage subscriptions, AppleCare, Apple Pay, licensing, and other services.

Investors will be looking closely at "Other Products" to measure the impact that Apple Watch Series 2 models and AirPods have on the category's revenue, which Cybart forecasts will rise 9% year-over-year. The category also includes sales of the Apple TV, Beats products, iPods, and many accessories.

Cybart expects Apple's guidance will point towards continued growth next quarter, suggesting the 2017 fiscal year will remain on an upward trend.

MacRumors will be providing live coverage of Apple's earnings results conference call with CEO Tim Cook and CFO Luca Maestri at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time today.

Article Link: Apple Expected to Report Best Financial Results Ever Today Amid Return to Growth
[doublepost=1486282497][/doublepost]There are many things good for apple user because apple provides great discount on upcoming devices.
Normally i used to find Paquetes de Viajes a India in apple mobile.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.