Apple-Expo 2008 Highlights

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 21, 2008.

1. OriginalMacRat macrumors 6502

I wonder why you assume Apple should care?

Steve Jobs has never been interested in conferences.

2. thecartoonguy macrumors 6502a

thecartoonguy

I wanted to thank you for your service. I'm sorry you have to deal with the term effects. Perhaps you could make a ringtone in garage band, which may be a bit easier on the soul.

3. krogers34 macrumors member

does anyone know when that hardrive is coming out? It looks nice and I've been meaning to get one.

4. Digitalclips macrumors 65816

It is an Expo, like a mini Mac World. No one expects SJ to show but an Apple booth is nice. Apple has taken part in many smaller expos over the last 30 years but they have taken less interest in the last few years for sure. It can't be for financial reasons these days so I am curious as to the reasoning. It is a shame for the Apple fans in other countries. There is nothing quite like the Apple booth at an Apple Expo to excite the crowd. Even those of us that worked our butts of on the 3rd party software booths over the years loved to visit the main attraction.

5. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

Exactly what I was thinking, and that's been lame of Apple. I guess the European market could be as promising as the US market if European prices were relatively the same.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

this was an expo, and apple have had a keynote or otherwise been present at this expo in the past actually. i believe there were several factors mentioned as to why they were no longer participating although i can't find the exact story on it right now.

7. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

AirCurve: Acoustic Amplifier for iPhone

Great idea, but ridiculous name. Griffin must be running out of naming ideas. Wasn't it they who put out the iCurve laptop stand?

8. MrCrowbar macrumors 68000

MrCrowbar

You can't really change the alarm tones without using SSH or jailbreaking the iPone. Can't change the SMS tones either. But when you do, you can change all the sounds in there. There's lots of error sounds, none of it I've ever heard from the iPhone itself.

Oh and the alarm tones are always at full volume from the start, I'm startled too. I like "Strum" to wake up.

I knew someone with PTSD, his wife liked to yell "incoming!" if he wouldn't wanna wake up... They're divorced now I think.

9. kallisti macrumors 68000

kallisti

You can very easily create your own ringtones for free using Garageband. These will work on a standard non-jailbroken iPhone and can be used for the alarm sound in the clock app. I personally wake up every morning to the first 25 seconds of "Time" by Pink Floyd.

10. Bonte macrumors 6502a

Bonte

Yeah, nice song. Normally i don't like music and flash on a site but this is nicely done, the site feels like a cool interactive commercial.

11. Moriarty macrumors 6502

That "AirCurve" thing makes me laugh. There is no way it's worth spending anything at all on something like that. An ugly heap of plastic that does nothing but "amplify" :)rolleyes:... I doubt they employ many physicists) the craptastic cellphone speaker.

If you want an iPod/iPhone speaker/dock on the cheap, get something with real speakers at least. I hope it fails completely, because it disgusts me that a company can make such obviously false claims. "Sounds like real speakers"...

Perhaps I'm just being an audiophile, but I think that's abysmal. And once you heard it, you wouldn't have to be an audiophile to know it sounded terrible.

12. newto2002 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; fr-fr) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Cube-zone has a coverage:
    Cube-Zone

Apple was not there because their strategy is to open an Apple store in paris

13. calisurfboy macrumors regular

calisurfboy

Mmm is it me or did anyone else notice a lack of accessories for the newly redesigned mac mini apple IS going to release on Oct 14? Mmmm.... most distressing..... :confused:

14. Col127 macrumors 6502

the clarifi is a really cool sounding product

15. pfml07 macrumors member

AirCurve!

Wow. May i just say that the AirCurve is well worth the money. Yay for the AirCurve.

AirCurve FTW!

16. Farplaner macrumors 6502

I'm very curious about clarifi as well. Maybe those QR code apps will finally work now?

17. mr.steevo macrumors 65816

mr.steevo

Hi,

What about the second song with the woman singing on http://www.sweetcover.com/? Who is that?

I think it is great that this company is combining their product with artist's work, but I don't agree with the artists not having acknowledgment right up on the front page of this site. It would annoy me if that was my music and nobody knew who it was.

s.

18. Aegis macrumors newbie

That would be Yael Naïm - Toxic

..one of the many coverversions of the song :)
    And it is indeed great that a company who makes covers plays covers on their website. And indeed again i agree, they should be getting acknowledgment.

19. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

seems like a nice little expo. that littlesnapper app seems kinda nice too

20. danielpi macrumors newbie

danielpi

Don't be Daft

I was referring to their claims about color -- not close focus. A filter changes color balance. It can be better in some lighting situations, and worse in others. Their claim is truly a load of BS, and you seem to have missed the point. Don't be daft. ;)

21. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

Acording to Shazam:

Artist: Madcon
    Title: Beggin'

22. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Sweetcover is pretty cool, but I wanted to see something for the MBA. I like the idea, but that silly elastic strap is something out of the '80's and it just doesn't look good strapped across the MBA, plus the black elastic strap would extend over the trackpad. They had nice music though...