Apple fall from grace?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GarytheiPhonema, Oct 5, 2011.

1. GarytheiPhonema macrumors member

GarytheiPhonema

I am disappointed with the iPhone 4S but I dont know if it is a fall from grace for Apple! I think my wife and I will still upgrade and probably buy my mother in law the iPhone 4. A good read while eating my pancakes this morning though!

http://www.bgr.com/2011/10/05/apples-fall-from-grace/

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

BGR. Aren't they the same idiots who said Sprint was getting the exclusive on iPhone 5?

Bah.

Truth: Current iPhone 4 is the top selling handset in the world. I doubt that it's going to suddenly be crap next Friday, just because it looks the same but got better on the inside.

3. GarytheiPhonema thread starter macrumors member

GarytheiPhonema

4. jfrancis04 macrumors 6502a

You clearly didn't even read the article.

5. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

BGR: The home of the "why there will be 2 iPhone's on Tuesday" and "Sprint is getting the iPhone 5 exclusively at first" articles.

Bottom line, don't take BGR too seriously. It's inevitable that we will get these types of articles. Fall from grace. No. But Apple is opening the door for Android to get even bigger. No doubt.

6. mullman, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

mullman macrumors 6502

mullman

Should be ABGR: angry boy genius since he was wrong...

Since 2007, the iPhone product cycle has been 12-18 months and every other release has been more evolution than revolution.
    The pundits whip the public into a baby unicorn fantasy frenzy, then are buffettled and angry when it never comes true. :rolleyes:

The iPhone --> 3G mini revolution :)
    The iPhone 3G --> 3GS evolution
    The iPhone 3GS --> 4 revolution
    The iPhone 4 --> 4S evolution

7. whawhat macrumors 6502

Just because a few fanboys aren't happy about an update doesn't mean Apple will fail. Sure there is more competition but name another company where fans CAMP OUT in line to get their hands on products anymore?

China will consume millions of 4s's before Xmas and millions of fanboys will jump right back on the bandwagon when the 5 is released in '12.