Apple Gaming Mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Communism, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Communism macrumors newbie

Communism

is there such a thing?

i have a razer deathadder on my desktop i usually game on, but my new MBP is going to have WAY Better performance than my old desktop

would my deathadder work for it?

or is there any good gaming mice out there for macs?

i need one with at least 5 to 7 programmable buttons for macros and the like

i've been searching google, but i cant find anything.

any suggestions?

thanks a ton guys =)

(it's mainly for WoW, CoD4, and TF2)

2. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

I use a Razer Diamondback 3G. No, it doesn't match my Mac and stuff, and Razer makes a Mac specific one, called the Razer Pro, IIRC. There are no programs provided by Razer to make my Diamondback work though, unfortunately, so I used USB Overdrive - it works well.

3. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

My best friend refers to his Mighty Mouse as a "Pro Gamer Mouse," does that count? :p

4. motoxpress macrumors 6502

Razer does make mice for macs and yours might work with the proper drivers. I ended up going with the Logitech G5 and have been very happy with it.

-mx

5. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Any mouse will work with a Mac.

--Eric

6. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

i use my logitech G5 gaming mouse with my macbook, it may not look nice, and takes a USB port but its damn accurate and fast. i have no problems with it, basically you can just get any PC gaming mouse and you'll be able to plug it in. but the only problem you'll have is not being able to program the extra buttons, however i suggest getting that Razer Pro mouse

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I prefer the MS Trackball Explorer, alas, it's no longer made. In fact you don' see track balls like you used to.

8. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

The Razor ProClick is white if you're looking to accessorize. I personally don't like how they feel.

If Apple made a gaming mouse, it would probably be modeled after a cactus. I'm convinced that Apple has gone loony and no longer understands ergonomics when it comes to mice.

9. palebluedot macrumors 6502a

palebluedot

Logitech G9

/thread.

There is a reason it is THE gaming mouse (and also one of the most expensive). You do have to use Steer Mouse with it but for me I could never go back to any other mouse...

10. imassents macrumors 6502

11. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

That thing dropped in price, or they're on sale. I wasn't willing to spend $99, but $59 is just right.

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm quite content with the MS/Razer Habu. Was £55 ($110) and needs looking after, but it's a very capable mouse and (IMO) is the most comfortable mouse I've tested.

13. SimD macrumors regular