Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RiceRacerDX

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2009
I was just curious...what exactly does the diagnostics software used by Apple Geniuses tell you about your iPhone other than crashes and when it was last restored (cuz those are the only two I think of off the top of my head)? Like does it tell if you've jailbroken your iPhone? Does it tell if the iPhone was been in water? Does it give info on battery cycles? I tried searching for what it does but couldn't find anything. Anyone know?

FoxMcWeezer

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2009
I know they're able to perform a read on approximately how many times you've charged your battery

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
One time I had a glance at it and it said such things as when was the last restore, how many apps, music, storage left,etc. It doesn't tell you if it had been wet before (thats hardware not software) and I am pretty sure it will be able to see if its currently jailbroken.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
It does say that it is jailbroken. If you deleted Cydia (as in un-installed rather than restored) their software will pick that up. Their software will not know that the iPhone has been jailbroken if you restored it before.

Also, it will tell them what seems wrong (like error codes). Water detection is done with an external apparatus usually reserved for when your doctor does ear check ups. They are looking to see if your water detection sensors went pink (water was in contact there).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.