Apple genuine bar sucks

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by w3iren, Apr 1, 2012.

1. w3iren macrumors newbie

Hey just want to know you guys' opinions about the apple store genuine bar. Sometimes I even think that I am more knowledgeable compared to them. Also, what has been really pissing me off is that they keep denying the problems that I have encountered weren't Apple's fault and that they didn't see those problems as "problems". Share your experiences please:cool:

2. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

3. Ricky Smith macrumors regular

Never had a problem with them, usually if you have the attitude you're more superior than them you're probably not.

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

They're just people doing a job and getting paid a relatively low amount of money. They do what they're told, they have no special powers.

Treat them the way you'd want to be treated, just like dealing with anybody else.

5. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

It may help your endeavours to change your naming to the Genius Bar and not assuming that you are 'more knowledgeable than them. otherwise posters on these boards may think that you are coming off as a two post tosser.

KGB:cool:

6. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

It doesn't suck at all. It's great and convenient to be able to pop in and get your macbook fixed whenever you want (actually you need an appointment but it's easy). The guys behind the bar are maybe not the greatest experts in the world but they are able to fix most of your issues quickly and that's why I expect.

Last time I went to the genius bar was in Boston for a battery/charger issue with my old MPB. The guy did some tests with spare battery/charger and at this end I knew what I had to buy. Not a very complicated issue but I was happy with the service.

7. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I am actually not a fan of the Genius bar for Mac related items. The concept is good though.

Too crowded, takes too much time for repair, and in my experience they do a sloppy job on repairs.

Now, I just send my laptop in the mail. Much faster and convenient for me.

8. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Aside from the fact that I believe you mean Genius Bar rather than Genuine Bar...

Speaking as someone with an extensive IT history I can tell you this:

1. If the technician can't reproduce the problem, they have almost no way to fix it.

2. Make sure the problems you are going to are true problems and not something silly. I used to have a user at my last job who always put in a ticket saying her mouse wasn't working, when in reality she repeatedly tried to right click with the scroll wheel. I'm not saying that this is your case but it happens VERY often.

3. Mention your problem here, we may be able to help or find a good way for you to explain it to a genius.

4. Be SUPER nice to them. Nice = results. Mean = no results or not as good of results as you could have gotten by being nice. If anyone tells you otherwise they've NEVER worked in customer service.

An example would be that Apple credited me $190, rush shipped me a brand new monitor (when I was returning a faulty refurb that was outside the return period) all because I was very polite and patient and the lady on the other end commented on that, said she felt bad about my faulty monitor and tried to see if there was anything extra she could do.

9. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

My experiences with the Genius Bar has always been positive. I'm pleasant and respectful, and have always received a response in kind. Also, they have always been able to help and I make it my business to provide as much information regarding my problem as possible.

Never had a problem and have always left happy with the outcome.

I'm not suggesting that you were not pleasant in your attitude, just saying that you generally get back what you put in...:D

10. borisiii macrumors 6502

Genuine Bar? Sounds like something you'd find in an Apple Stoer.

11. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

So they sent you to Apple HQ in Cupertino for an intense 3 week course on hardware and software repair too...after a fairly lengthy and in-depth interview process? Wow, I didn't know they did that for customers...especially ones who call it a "Genuine Bar"...:rolleyes:

As far as my experiences, I worked at an Apple Genius Bar, and have encountered customers like yourself. We're less inclined to go above and beyond the call when they act like a jackass...

12. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

i wouldn't say it sucks, but i can see people thinking it can be kind of bland.
    you should try this:[​IMG]

it's still a genuine, all-natural, non-gmo and non-trans-fats bar, with apple, but it's much much more flavourful than the plain apple one.

hope it helps.

13. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Do you have to be 21 to use the Apple genuine bar ?

14. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

I've had 100% positive experiences at Apple's genius bars. Never a problem.

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Same with me.

16. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Better than the Fake Genius Bars.

OP, I've had nothing but good experiences with the Genius Bar staff. There is on occasion the holier-than-thou tech, but once you've been branded a genius, it can go to your head.

17. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

Glad I'm able to fix my own problems. The genius bar isn't so genius IMO. Mostly young kids who have no real experience fixing things. I've been in the repair business for 40+ years