Apple has completely lost touch

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macguy360, Oct 27, 2016.

1. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

Apple for a while was known for innovation. The iPod led the way in music. The iPhone paved the way for smart phones, the macbook was one of the first laptops with reasonable battery life built with an all aluminum body. With the iPhone 7, i gave Apple a pass and upgraded because I was able to trade in my 2 year old iphone for $650 despite there being very little in difference between my old iPhone 6 and the new 7.

Now Apple is releasing a $1500 macbook where the major innovation is the toolbar at the top of the keyboard. Seriously Apple? That's the best you could come up with? Other companies are putting out OLED screens or built in GTX 1060 and 1070 graphics cards. Microsoft put out a more innovative desktop yesterday and they aren't even known for being innovative.

Just like Nintendo was once the king of video game consoles, they lost their way and are now in last place in the console market. Apple is headed the same direction with computers. No one will put up with these kinds of prices with the lack off innovation.

2. fyun89 macrumors 6502

I think Tim Cook and his company are trying their best not to look too much different from Steve Jobs era and dont know how to go further..