Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple recently updated its iOS 15 features page to highlight some additional information about the software update ahead of its imminent release.

iOS-15-Messages-Feature.jpg

In addition to revealing that Find My network support for AirPods Pro and AirPods Max has been delayed until "later this fall," Apple said iOS 15 allows users to seamlessly switch between phone numbers in the middle of an iMessage conversation on an iPhone with Dual SIM support, including the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, and newer.

Regional updates to the page include the addition of Japanese in the list of new Voice Control languages and the addition of Singapore for countries with air quality maps in the Weather app on iOS 15. Apple has also revealed that iOS 15 has a new SF Arabic system font, and in India, users can choose from up to 10 of their most recently used UPI payment apps when they scan UPI QR codes using the Camera app for merchant payments.

Apple labeled iCloud Private Relay as a beta feature last month, and the iOS 15 features page now states that when using Private Relay, some websites may have issues, such as showing content for the wrong region or requiring extra steps to sign in. This mirrors fine print added to the iCloud Private Relay section of the Settings app on iPhone.

iOS 15 will be released tomorrow following over three months of beta testing. The software update is compatible with the same iPhones as iOS 14, including older devices like the original iPhone SE and iPhone 6s.

Article Link: Apple Highlights Additional iOS 15 Features, Such as Dual-SIM Phone Number Switching in iMessage Conversations

Last edited:

ian87w

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Oh, that's interesting. But it's still the same iMessage account right? How does this matter in the end?

ghanwani

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2008
Have they made any improvements with being able to report spam text messages more easily? It is a 15-step process for me:

- Open the message.
- Copy the message.
- Go back.
- Compose a new message to 7726 (ATT's spam reporting number).
- Paste the message.
- Go back.
- Open spam message.
- Go to Info.
- Go to Info again.
- Long press and copy number.
- Go back.
- Hit Done.
- Go back.
- Open message to 7726.
- Paste number.

Instead of more surveillance crap, can we please have an easier way to accomplish this?

Edit: Looks like there is a better way to do this in just 4 steps.
Edit 2: But the above advice conflicts
with this. If this one is correct, then it still takes 12 steps.
Edit 3: I can confirm that it still takes 12 steps.

Last edited:

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Have they made any improvements with being able to report spam text messages more easily? It is a 15-step process for me:

- Open the message.
- Copy the message.
- Go back.
- Compose a new message to 7726 (ATT's spam reporting number).
- Paste the message.
- Go back.
- Open spam message.
- Go to Info.
- Go to Info again.
- Long press and copy number.
- Go back.
- Hit Done.
- Go back.
- Open message to 7726.
- Paste number.

Instead of more surveillance crap, can we please have an easier way to accomplish this?
Seems to be a carrier thing. With my carrier I just ”send to” the carrier’s filtering app.

Octavius8

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2016
I will “update”, but this vernos does not seem “major” to me. Most changes are “simple”, by this I mean, no changes to the core of the OS, VERY few user interface updates, no “up-next” widget, not a single useful long-touch feature, not faster opening apps, ni way to edit a miss-dialed number in the phone apple, no new/updated for good APIs, no improvement to mail app still. The biggerfeatures are for FaceTime and iMessages which are basically used in USA, the rest of the world we use WhatsApp or Telegram to talk/video with other OS. “Focus” is the big update. Lack of innovation in IOS. It is becoming a kind of Windows on the PCs.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
I will “update”, but this vernos does not seem “major” to me. Most changes are “simple”, by this I mean, no changes to the core of the OS, VERY few user interface updates, no “up-next” widget, not a single useful long-touch feature, not faster opening apps, ni way to edit a miss-dialed number in the phone apple, no new/updated for good APIs, no improvement to mail app still. The biggerfeatures are for FaceTime and iMessages which are basically used in USA, the rest of the world we use WhatsApp or Telegram to talk/video with other OS. “Focus” is the big update. Lack of innovation in IOS. It is becoming a kind of Windows on the PCs.
I guess you don’t multitask, because being able to drag between apps, even on iPhone, is reason enough to upgrade for me.

That, plus the entire architecture of uitableview has changed - it is used in 75 percent of apps, and now scrolling is amazingly fast and smooth.

Reactions: masteroflondon

incoherent_1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2016
Dual SIM is the biggest unfulfilled promise for me. 3 years later my XS still can’t use its dual SIM feature because none of the carriers I use offer eSIM compatibility. Big letdown.

orthorim

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2008
Would be nice to be able to transfer my eSim from one phone to another without carrier approval.
Same like a real SIM card.

As it is I am stuck with my old phone because i can't transfer off the eSim - the carrier is in another country, I still need the number, but I am unable to go into a store there and ask for approval or whatever process I am supposed to go through.

Meaning - eSim is worse than real SIM.

one more

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Apple said iOS 15 allows users to seamlessly switch between phone numbers in the middle of an iMessage conversation on an iPhone with Dual SIM support.

This is useful & welcome, but what about something even more useful, like assigning a different ringtone for each line?

MareLuce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2010
>> Apple said iOS 15 allows users to seamlessly switch between phone numbers in the middle of an iMessage conversation on an iPhone with Dual SIM support,

Could someone describe what this means for me when I travel to Dubai in several months?
I've purchased an iPhone 13 Pro Max unlocked / unassigned to any carrier.

Last time in Dubai
I inserted a "Etisalat" SIM into my iPhone in the airport store upon arrival. But then discovered my phone was not really unlocked even though I had followed the AT&T directions completely.
So I had to buy a cheap samsung to use for a phone and data while there.

Edit: Why is the location being replaced by asterisks in this note?

Reactions: balzmcfearson
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.