Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
It looks like this will steal a lot of media coverage from Google‘s Tuesday event, and vice versa.
Yes. Another rumor site had been speculating the event would be October 26 for this reason, since Apple usually makes announcements on Tuesday. Perhaps this means that the MacBook Pros (and whatever else they announce) are ready to ship and will launch next Friday. If they were "coming later this fall" (e.g mid-November) then the 26th might have made more sense, though there is also an earnings call on the 27th.

SaxPlayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Dorset, England
Whenever I see these AR promos my instant reaction is "why is it happening at that time?". There was one that was 9.27 and this one is 10.18. To someone like me in the UK where we write dates in a logical format (day, followed by month, followed by year) this doesn't look at all like a date to us and is instantly recognisable as a time. I saw this one and wondered why just after quarter past 10 was relevant.

Before I get a tonne (spelt with an 'ne' at the end) of hate from my American friends, I have to point out that my comment here is very much posted in fun with my tongue firmly in my cheek and I don't actually mean anything by it at all. Really, I don't.

Reactions: scottishwildcat

Breaking Good

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2012
Poor Google, it looks like Apple will upstage the Pixel 6 release scheduled for the 19th. But that's what you get for waiting so long.

- rob -

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2012
Oakland, CA
I tried a few times to get the AR experience on my iphone 13 pro and it puts the star field source either behind a wall, or on the floor.

Tried a few times, using some "easy" starting angles. Anyone else have that not work very well?

Skewlovevism

Suspended
Aug 2, 2021
Japan
I have 6 Macs, 8 iPads and 10 iPhones at home, so it might be quite obvious that I like Apple devices. But to be honest, I am more excited about the new Band-Maid music video release on 18th (if you like rock, you should see their Manners or After Life video :) ), than I am about an Apple event. I really miss Steve Jobs presentations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.