Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has increased the price of iCloud storage in several regions around the world, including the United Kingdom, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and South America.

iCloud-General-Feature.jpg

Every Apple ID receives 5GB of free cloud storage, but users can upgrade to a paid iCloud+ storage subscription plan to get 50GB, 200GB, or 2TB of storage. The price hike, first spotted by 9to5Mac, represents an increase of around 25 percent.

iCloud+ SubscriptionPrevious UK PriceNew UK Price
50GB£0.79/month£0.99/month
200GB£2.49/month£2.99/month
2TB£6.99/month£8.99/month

Similar increases have occurred in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Bulgaria, Romania, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Tanzania, South Africa, Colombia, Peru, Brazil. Pricing in the United States, Canada, and European Union remains the same.

All paid iCloud+ storage plans include features like iCloud Private Relay, Hide My Email, and Custom Email Domains.

Article Link: Apple Hikes iCloud+ Subscription Prices in Many Countries Around the World

Last edited:

dabi

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2021
EU
I was wondering if I should switch from Google Drive, but considering how bad the experience is on Windows, and now the price hike.. yeah, I think I'm good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.