Apple hired me! Farewell MR!

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
lopresmb said:
why is it exactly, that you have to leave, out of curiousity?
When you work for Apple you're not allowed to post on, or even visit, any Mac rumor sites. They make you sign a thing saying you won't. Or so I've been told...

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
I hadn't heard that you couldn't visit them, but posting on them is a definite no-no. I'm not sure if its grounds for termination but its pretty close.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Heb1228 said:
I hadn't heard that you couldn't visit them, but posting on them is a definite no-no. I'm not sure if its grounds for termination but its pretty close.
The folks here at the Charlotte Apple Store have indicated to me that they are allowed to VISIT rumor sites, but they are forbidden to post ANYTHING, even non-related stuff. It's a terminable offense.

illegalprelude

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
Los Angeles, California
clayj said:
The folks here at the Charlotte Apple Store have indicated to me that they are allowed to VISIT rumor sites, but they are forbidden to post ANYTHING, even non-related stuff. It's a terminable offense.

apple store..meh. not the worlds most secuirty risk job to apple. those guys know nothing. if i worked there, I would give apple the bird and still post here. Corp. job is diff. but working @ apple store, hah

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Chundles said:
How would they even know?

They wouldn't assuming you don't do anything dumb like post on there from a computer in the Apple Store.

Knowing this, I wonder if I got anyone fired at the Apple Store :D I took my brother to get his iPod exchanged and while waiting for the genius, I was killing time reading MR on one of the display computers. I hope the manager didn't go back and read the history and try to blame one of the employees

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
Chundles said:
How would they even know?
They have their ways.

and Bye, t300! :( We'll miss ya!

....What are you doing? Helping design the PowerMac G6's?
POWERBOOK G5?!

My mind is swimming with speculation! ;)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
No, you're not allowed to post here anymore, but nobody actually listens to that. Well correction, no sales person has to. If you're a corporate suit, I understand. It's probably for the best, and you shouldn't risk your job. However, as a sales rep, you won't know squat. :p Also, they could never find out unless you told people what store you worked at, which would be idiotic.

There's a bunch of Apple employees who post/posted here.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
yg17 said:
... I hope the manager didn't go back and read the history and try to blame one of the employees
Best wishes to a fellow New Yorker. I've posted here several times while visiting Apple's Soho store and have also seen 3-4 others doing it. Because of that, it would be unlikely for blame to be assigned to the staff. As mentioned, given agreements that one has to sign as a condition of employment, it is foolish to be risky and then regret it afterwards.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Yep good luck ,

That dam NDA a , when i went for my position i had to sign a NDA too but only on employment would it mean i cound not visit the forums.

all the best to your new job , lucky git :p

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
What are they going to do? Seize your home internet records? NDAs are for wimps!

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Lacero said:
What are they going to do? Seize your home internet records?
Maybe the unthinkable ... like forcing him to wear a big "S" on his clothing identifying him as a Scientologist.

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
clayj said:
He could ask his friend to post what he want to say here :D