Apple Hosting Employee Activity Challenge in February With Exclusive Sport Loop as Reward

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 21, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Like it did last year, Apple in February will host an internal activity challenge for its employees around the world, tasking them with closing all three Apple Watch Activity rings every day for the month (via WatchGeneration).

[​IMG]
    Image via WatchGeneration

Those who complete this challenge will receive an exclusive Black Sport Loop, which has colored details on the plastic attachments that connect to the Apple Watch case, and on the end of the velcro band. The blue, red, and green colors on the band represent the Stand, Move, and Workout Activity rings on Apple Watch.

Last year, employees received a Woven Nylon band as a reward for the February challenge, which had a hint of the Activity ring's blue/green/red color scheme on the band fastener. In total, the 2019 challenge is the third one that Apple has offered its employees, beginning in 2017 with pins and t-shirts offered as rewards for employees who closed all three Activity rings every day in February.

The company has hosted other Apple Watch-related challenges as well, including a mindfulness-related event that tasked employees with meditating for a specific amount of time per day for 25 days. Those who met the goal received a T-shirt that displayed the Breathe app's blue and green logo.

Article Link: Apple Hosting Employee Activity Challenge in February With Exclusive Sport Loop as Reward

2. markfc macrumors 6502a

markfc

3. ricktat macrumors 65816

Don’t worry.. They will all end up on eBay just like last year

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

5. vicviper789 macrumors regular

I bet the challenge will be something like: “Ok guys look around the campus for more iPhone SE’s to sell!”

6. macfacts macrumors 68030

macfacts

To create loyal employees. Costs Tim nothing.

7. B4U macrumors 68000

B4U

Or at least make sure the support staff actually follow up with the issues regarding to these challenges.
    My January 2019 challenge is not showing up at all!

8. Dormammu macrumors 65816

Dormammu

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    Same. I’d actually pay for it.

9. subjonas macrumors 68000

Do you know how much they sold for?
    It’s funny how people want something so badly just because they can’t get it. The band looks pretty commonplace.

10. craigmak macrumors member

Not only loyalty but then Apple can go back to their insurance provider and say look how active our employees are, give us a lower rate. Even though I’m guessing with the number of full time employees they are at a very low rate compared to most companies.

11. CreepyAF macrumors regular

CreepyAF

Personally, I think it looks cheap. They accentuated the cheap parts of the band which are the plastic bits

12. iPhysicist macrumors 65816

iPhysicist

...for a price that even would make Tim Cook shy.

13. Starship67 Suspended

Starship67

Fun,sport,something to do,comradeship, surely you’ve heard of at least one of those.

14. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

I thinks it’s pretty cool - would love stuff like that in our offices

15. DekuBleep macrumors newbie

Can the Apple employees set their rings to close at super low activity levels? Or is there a minimum activity setting for the competition?

16. PCtoMAC1 macrumors 6502

PCtoMAC1

What garbage. Apple skipped the Thanksgiving 5K and the Ring in the New Year challenges, but they do this???

17. davidphantomatic macrumors newbie

davidphantomatic

I wish they’d do this for the public also. Hell, I’d even be willing to pay for it for completing the challenge.

18. anonnymouse macrumors regular

Changing your algorithmically-derived move goal enforced through the challenge-linked MoveIt app, removed you from the challenge.

Short answer: no, yes.

Other methods were commonly used, however: like keeping an all-day “other” workout running, among other “tricks”.

19. craigmak macrumors member

Agreed, kind of like an exclusive band of you complete the challenge. Nike does similar if you check in with a connected jersey or are a nike+ member. At least give exclusive offers

20. rcooked macrumors regular

I’d be happy if they brought back some kid the challenges like New Year, and Thanksgiving that got badges.

Not sure what happened with those.

21. Akrapovic macrumors regular

Akrapovic

I'd happily buy...a cheap Chinese knock off of this.

22. geekon2wheels macrumors newbie

geekon2wheels

23. midkay macrumors regular

I wish they’d do more special challenges for the general public. Even just every couple months would be nice. They haven’t done one in ages now.

24. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68030

All this, plus encouraging greater employee engagement with the product.

As to whether you can game this... While Move and Activity rings are adjustable, Stand is not. Personally, I find Stand to be the most challenging. If I get too deeply enmeshed in a task I can miss the tap that reminds me it's again time to stand.

25. kanki1985 macrumors member

so essentially, get an apple watch employees (if not already), close all rings every day for 28 days and we'll give you an ugly looking $50 band as a reward!