Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What are you most looking forward to in 2012?

• iPad 3

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • iOS 6

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • OS X Mountain Lion

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • iPhone 5

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • MacBook Air refresh

• MacBook Pro refresh (design changes?)

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Rumoured 'iTV'

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • iMac refresh

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Mac mini refresh

• iPod refresh (touch, shuffle and nano)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mac Pro....?

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Looking forward to the iPhone 5 the most but paying more attention at the Macbook Pro news. I swear to God that if they make the Pro more Air-like in the name of appealing to the masses so they can play their angry birds, I'm going to flip ******.

Just slightly thinner? Cool. Removing the ODD? I don't like it but I can deal with it. But taking out 2.5" HDD's and clocking down CPU and GPU for size reduction? Just a huge no in my book. That's not a Macbook Pro; that's just a beefed up Macbook air.

Yeah I agree, but I doubt they'd let the new design impact performance. Even if it is a tapered design, without the ODD, there is more space. Even right now, they could make the Pro tapered if they removed the optical drive and keep the same components.

I'm hoping the redesigned Pro will be Air like, but maybe slightly thicker at the hinge end to accommodate heat better. A nice all silver design, with matte option on all models too.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
The poll would have been better if it was multiple choice.

There's a number of things that I'm eagerly waiting for.
iPhone5, new MBP and now Mountain Lion

Demosthenes X

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2008
I voted Mac mini, as I'm planning on buying one and am excited for it... not that I expect any major changes. But I'm curious to see if the Intel graphics are actually a big improvement. :)

I'm curious to see what the iPhone 5 turns out to be, as I'm eligible for an upgrade this year, but truth be told I'm 100% satisfied with my iPhone 4, so the new version is not as big a deal as I thought it might be...

That said, I was pretty happy with my 3G before the iPhone 4 leaked, too, and then the leak changed everything. :D

BigQid

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2010
This is a tough call. Every year I look forward to everything they do but iOS has the biggest impact on my life. I've been holding off on an iPad waiting for the 3. I just decided to get a Mac mini but the current one is good enough for my purposes. I'm not impressed with Mountain Lion yet. The only hint that could make the iPhone hardware more interesting at this point is if it had a bigger screen. The MacBook Pros, and really all the Macs should have an option to run software on SSD and store files on HDD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.