Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Janschi

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2013
My cardiologist challenged my heat rate data just last week with the statement his hardware was more accurate. I assume it is since to use it I had to wear sticky pads and a bunch of wires. He was not interested at all in my collected data but it was the data that prompted me to make an appointment. I'm fine based on the tests and will continue to wear my watch as I have since launch so its still relevant to me.

Same and while that machine was connected to me, I checked its bpm with the one my Apple Watch says. it was 1-2 off, so pretty accurate for a long term review of the data it collected.
For me the problem is I sometimes get 120+ BPM while sitting for no apparent reason and the Apple Watch warns me about that.
During the check up my doctor did, everything was fine.
I am really concerned not being taken seriously.

In May last year I had chest pain (cause of some dumb **** I tried - codeine) and thought I'm going to die.
And since then these warnings from the Apple Watch appeared.

RedKite

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2017
Very good stuff Apple! I really enjoy poring over the details of my health app. I don't even know why.... I'm not a health freak and I don't diet or anything like that.... I just have an Apple Watch but looking over how far I walk in a day, how many flights of stairs I climb.... very very interesting! It seems the data is there and now I'm looking for smart ways to interpret it such as how much does hot weather affect me? Or more pressing info like is there a period where my heartrate changes or it takes longer to recover to the resting rate. Imagine that. For a data nerd like me that would be heaven.

Reactions: PhoenixDown

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
Lol cute. Meanwhile over here I still have to bring some paper book from 10 years ago to get a stamp to show that I have seen a dentist this year :D

Jacquesass

macrumors regular
May 6, 2003
Same and while that machine was connected to me, I checked its bpm with the one my Apple Watch says. it was 1-2 off, so pretty accurate for a long term review of the data it collected.
For me the problem is I sometimes get 120+ BPM while sitting for no apparent reason and the Apple Watch warns me about that.
During the check up my doctor did, everything was fine.
I am really concerned not being taken seriously.

In May last year I had chest pain (cause of some dumb **** I tried - codeine) and thought I'm going to die.
And since then these warnings from the Apple Watch appeared.

If you are having the “high heart rate while resting” alerts, you should ask a cardiologist to place an event monitor on you. Also consider enrolling in the “Apple Heart Study” where a potential arrhythmia seen by the Apple Watch is then checked (for free) by an event monitor that is mailed to you.

https://www.apple.com/watch/apple-heart-study/

Localcelebrity

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2004
Chicago, IL
I’m curious how this works. My hospital has a third party garbage app and web portal for record delivery. I’ve seen a number of them. Is Apple integrating with those or directly with the hospitals? And if the hospital, how?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.