Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MecPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2009
London
I don; know if it's been known/mentioned. But if I want to left or right click I need to physically click the whole mouse down till I hear a clicks. I thought it's responsive to touch only???

scott523

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Saint Charles, MO
I got my Magic Mouse from the store today and it seems like the top shell (especially the part near the Apple logo) isn't really secured well, like when I put a tiny bit of pressure on the mouse (not enough for it to click down), the shell feels a bit loose...? Anyone has this problem too? Think I should go get a new mouse?
Feels pretty solid to me. The Shell is glued on I think; maybe you got a mouse with less glue?
Dam... I think I may have to return my mouse then. It just feels awkward feeling a click at the bottom and right half of the mouse because of a loose top shell.

I don; know if it's been known/mentioned. But if I want to left or right click I need to physically click the whole mouse down till I hear a clicks. I thought it's responsive to touch only???
Yes, you have to physically click the whole mouse until you hear/feel a click. There is no tap-to-click, but you scroll like you would on an iPhone.

SlasherDuff

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2008
Gator Country
i bought one this afternoon and just got it hooked up. So far, I miss the way the MM used to fit the contours of my hand, but I don't have to worry about the trackball getting stuck anymore. So far a nice sleek little mouse, worth what I paid for it.

elchipino

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2009
The magic Mus musculus has some weight to it due to the battery and that takes some getting use to. Sometimes I scroll when I don't intend to, this is not really that annoying but I've only had the mouse for a week:rolleyes:

ecualegacy

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Magic Mouse = Not Ergonomic for Me

I'm amazed at all of the negative comments in this thread. What a bunch of spoiled babies.

I wish I could agree ... except that I have had the magic mouse for less than a week and either it or the wireless keyboard or BOTH are giving me carpal tunnel. I know that probably has something to do with my typing and mouse handling habits, but honestly, I don't have this problem at wrk with a regular old mouse and keyboard (without a pad at that) ... and I work literally about 12 hours a day at computer (2 jobs).

I'm really trying to find a way to make it work with the stuff my iMac came with because *they look soooo cool* and I love the touch only mouse. But I'm seriously considering selling them both and getting something my hands are more comfortable with. Maybe I'll give it another week ... :(

Bonsai1214

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2008
Penfield, NY
yeah, i'm not a fan of the keyboard (as it feels wayyy too small), but i tried out the mouse at the apple store over break, and it worked surprisingly well. you could have your middle finger on right click and still left click properly and scrolls too. back and forward worked very well, and the only thing that really irks me now is the lack of a open in new tab or a switch tabs in safari option. one or the other would be fine, but the exclusion of both is kinda a deal killer. but given the extra funds, i'd probably buy this for kicks.

Trek2100

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
Sevierville, TN
When I first tried the wireless keyboard in the Apple store I was a little skeptical. After 5 days of use I love it. It's no different than any other keyboard except for the size without a number pad. The keys are very responsive and a pleasure to use. Now I actually have room on my desk for my Wacom Pen tablet and can reach it easily. I work on PC's everyday for up to 8 hours (since 1984) and my Mac at home every evening. This for me is the best keyboard I've ever used. I love the magic mouse as well. I have an Apple mouse (formerly known as the mighty mouse) that I use with my MBP. I don't really miss the extra buttons on the mighty mouse. I use hot corners to make up for the lack of buttons.

giovanniP

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2006
Unwanted scroll / zooms

Some software uses "non official" gestures (for example Adobe CS3, CS4) for fast scrolls (shift+swipe) or zoom (alt+swipe) that sometimes occurs in selecting or duplicating objects causing unwanted pan or zoom, because of unwanted little movements of your finger when shift and/or alt key is pressed. Before driver updates or "professional" alternatives i use two solutions:
1) software: applescript (that I can invoke with Fkey, using iKey software), which toggles swipe gesture on/off (substitute the word "Scorri" with the name of one finger swipe checkbox)

tell application "System Preferences" to activate
tell application "System Preferences" to reveal pane "Mouse"
tell application "System Events"
tell process "System Preferences"
click the checkbox "Scorri" of the first group of the window "Mouse"
end tell
end tell
tell application "System Preferences" to quit

2) "hardware" : a little sylicone disc (3 mm diameter, 1 mm or less height) glued (bi-adesive tape) on the surface of the magic mouse that creates a "swipe safe" zone, where I can click, beeing sure that no pan/zoom can occur.

Hope this can give a little help.
(Sorry for my poor english)

Keniff

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2008
United Kingdom
I have a bad habit of forgetting to turn wireless mouse's off, thus having to constantly buy batteries.
Anyone heard if there's word on a usb cable version to be released?

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; Archos5 Build/Donut) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Keniff said:
I have a bad habit of forgetting to turn wireless mouse's off, thus having to constantly buy batteries.
Anyone heard if there's word on a usb cable version to be released?

We've had ours since the 1st of December and my wife always leaves ours switched on (she leaves for work after me) and I've found the battery life to be fantastic. We're using 2000mah Energiser rechargable batteries in it and they're still showing 46% charge after all this time. I don't know how accurate that charge meter is but it's already surpassed my battery expectations on rechargable batteries.

A wired option would be nice tho I do agree.

goodwilldrums

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2008
Oklahoma City
Middle Click

After finally being able to test the Magic Mouse, I have found that there is a middle click. But it ONLY works as a "3rd button". Meaning it only works for middle clicking links to open them in new tabs. In firefox, you can middle click tabs to close them as well. Also you can middle click in the middle of a webpage to scroll up and down. But I know a lot of users liked to use the middle click for other things like open up spaces and dashboard, etc.

But this mouse still leaves me without my "4th button", my "squeeze" feature that I use for expose to see all windows.

Sorry this post is so belated, I was just now able to really sit down and play with a magic mouse.

audiogates

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2010
Smartphone guy but I like this

Now I'm more of a smartphone junky so I'm going say I love this mouse, this was a great and I'll be getting one once it's released

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.