Apple Invites Media to October 16 Event: 'It's Been Way Too Long'

Duane Martin

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Without any previous rumours I doubt it.

Unfortunately Apple is too big now for things to be kept a secret!
They did a pretty good job on the new Mac Pro. Not one single leak revealing the new form factor or even a hint. So I think they can manage a secret still. Not that I agree a new product category is coming.

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
It's a finger toucing Touch ID - Touch ID across the board on iPads and Mac's!!! It's been way too long.

Also based upon the depressed bottom line, captive touch sensing your presses hard and soft possibly on the iPad but I am not holding my breath on this part.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
They did a pretty good job on the new Mac Pro. Not one single leak revealing the new form factor or even a hint. So I think they can manage a secret still. Not that I agree a new product category is coming.
Because the thing was built here in Texas......

If they are building the Mac Mini's here in the states, they could definitely keep it under wraps.

Eeko

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
Please announce a new Apple TV with an App Store and controller support.

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
iPod updates?? Here's hoping they didn't forget about them!

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Not in the market for anything from this event but a Retina iMac would pull my attention. The whole 'It's been way too long' tag line is making me think of the length of time it has been since an update to the Mac mini or the Apple TV suggesting this event will be about products not updated for a while - as well as the usual iPad and Mac refreshes.

Decided I don't use my iPad enough to warrant buying a new one. I love my iPad Air but I just don't use it enough.

Last edited:

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Different category though looking at a much smaller niche, I think it also has something to do with being the only product made in the USA and like the Apple Watch the long time between announcing and release (essentially keeping everything internal until announcing it, something that wouldn't fly for the iPhone if it had a 3-4 month wait time! If it's a new product category it's likely to be mass market and therefore harder to keep contained.

MacTCE

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2013
Upstate NY
I'm hoping for a 12" iPad announcement/release along with the new iPad Air and Mini. New iMac's and Mini's would be a good bet. I will be very disappointed if a 4k Cinema Display is announced as well.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
this happens to be on the day before my birthday! :) how lucky is that!

so based on previous patterns the ipads should be available beginning on october 24th. os x yosemite released october 16th - day of the event.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.