Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Remember when we were waiting with anticipation? Now it's just boring
with a boring leader taking the stage.

Why the negativity? Then I suggest you don’t watch the keynote then. Because others are interested to see what Apple has to offer, as it’s always interesting to see the newest hardware and specs.

As for your comment about Tim Cook, I would say he is doing a stellar job all the way around. (<—Pun intended for media invite circle.)

Last edited:

Mark Booth

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2008
The new Mac mini will be round. :)

More likely, however, is the new Apple Watch will be round. That is a GREAT decision, if it is true.

I'm ready to get a new iPhone this year. But Apple will get another $1K+ out of me if they do the right upgrades to the Mac mini. It's gotta have a dedicated GPU and options for two internal drives/SSD.

Mark

Reactions: Brazzan and ksec

Rocko99991

macrumors 68000
Jul 25, 2017
'And another thing. Remember that great laptop that had all the useful ports, Magsafe, great keyboard but the screen was lacking a bit? Well we have fixed that for you. It's now a retina display. We have also removed those pesky ports and Magsafe so we could shave 4 grams off the total weight. Don't worry, we have all the dongles anyone could want in our stores. Oh, the good news? It's only $1199! (Applause screen flashes)'.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I wish this meant a round Apple Watch! Seriously doubt it though. I prefer round watches but understand how it would need to be a lot bigger to have similar usable interface area. Either way I’ll be happy to upgrade my Series 0 which is absolutely limping along at this point.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
There's definitely a hint here. The expression is "gather around", but they're playing on words and replacing it with "round".

While I've been a cynic of a potential round Apple Watch because I think it's an inefficient use of screen real estate, I gotta admit this seems highly indicative of where Apple Watch might be going. iPhones are going to go round and Apple Watch is the only product that's getting a full redesign — which we know very little about.

Unless of course the Mac Pro or the new Mac mini are being announced here and are shaped like pucks. My money is reluctantly on a round Apple Watch Series 4.

Reactions: Tofupunch and ksec

Heineken

Suspended
Jan 27, 2018
There's definitely a hint here. The expression is "gather around", but they're playing on words and replacing it with round.
Or could be nothing :) like almost always. Actually it's a normal expression in UK i hear all the time.

Reactions: philipc121

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
Solid Gold Roof for Apple Park, confirmed.

september12mediainvites.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.