Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has shared a new television commercial called "Thank You Speech" starring actor Neil Patrick Harris. The new 30-second spot promotes hands-free Siri on iPhone 6s in a humorous tone.

Harris asks Siri to read him his "thank you speech" while he stands in front of a mirror practicing with a hairbrush. The How I Met Your Mother star previously had a quick cameo in Apple's recent "Onions" ad.

Apple previously promoted hands-free Siri with its acclaimed "Timer" ad starring Cookie Monster from Sesame Street, with was accompanied by a humorous behind the scenes video. It also shared an ad called "Hey Siri" in December that specifically shows off the hands-free feature.

Article Link: Apple Debuts New 'Thank You Speech' iPhone 6s Ad Starring Neil Patrick Harris

Jakexb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2014
I love it.

It does remind me though, here's hoping for some big Siri upgrades at WWDC. It's funny how natural she sounded just a few years ago, but standards have been raised. I was using an Echo at work and Alexa's voice makes Siri sound like a bit of a robot in comparison.

Reactions: appledefenceforce

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
I love it.

It does remind me though, here's hoping for some big Siri upgrades at WWDC. It's funny how natural she sounded just a few years ago, but standards have been raised. I was using an Echo at work and Alexa's voice makes Siri sound like a bit of a robot in comparison.

the male voice sounds pretty good, the woman voice still sounds like an angry bitch ex wife tho

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
I love it.

I hope they get some upgrades this year. The stuff Viv just showed off puts Siri to shame.

Reactions: Glideslope

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
Siri was made to amuse the faithful and to attract the uninitiated. As long as there's a group of buyers that aren't aware of Google Now, Siri may impress some people.

Reactions: LordQ

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
I love it.

I might be alone on this, but I kinda like the robot sounding twist. Makes it a bit less creepy than having a "too real sounding" voice

tuzzanti

macrumors member
May 9, 2016
Make new PRODUCTS not new ADS!

Tim

Apple has shared a new television commercial called "Thank You Speech" starring actor Neil Patrick Harris. The new 30-second spot promotes hands-free Siri on iPhone 6s in a humorous tone.

Harris asks Siri to read him his "thank you speech" while he stands in front of a mirror practicing with a hairbrush. The How I Met Your Mother star previously had a quick cameo in Apple's recent "Onions" ad.

Apple previously promoted hands-free Siri with its acclaimed "Timer" ad starring Cookie Monster from Sesame Street, with was accompanied by a humorous behind the scenes video. It also shared an ad called "Hey Siri" in December that specifically shows off the hands-free feature.

Article Link: Apple Debuts New 'Thank You Speech' iPhone 6s Ad Starring Neil Patrick Harris

dtich

macrumors regular
May 27, 2007
Siri was made to amuse the faithful and to attract the uninitiated. As long as there's a group of buyers that aren't aware of Google Now, Siri may impress some people.

um. no. that's not why it was made. and siri compares very favorably to google now, cortana and alexa. siri's capabilities have grown by leaps and bounds, try some stuff with her sometime. not the same siri from two years ago. and personally i find the voice recog excellent, almost never have an issue. even with complex and odd words.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
When I watch these Siri ads in 2016 I wonder if it's similar to how people felt watching 2001: A Space Odyssey in 1968 and thinking "I wonder if this is how the future will really be."

Reactions: Sracinas

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I thought i recognized him... he's in the movies Smurfs / Smurfs 2

Spoiling the fun Apple, that the only thing i like about the ad.

I often wonder that's why these people star in these Apple ads, because they know their get more notice, as well as Apple showing their gadgets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.