Apple is $100 Billion Away From Becoming World's Only Trillion Dollar Company

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 9, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple shares are currently trading for around $175, giving the iPhone maker a market cap of roughly $900 billion. The valuation puts Apple within $100 billion of becoming the world's only trillion dollar company.

[​IMG]

Apple shares will have to rise to around the $195 mark for the company to reach a trillion dollar valuation, depending on the rate of its share buybacks, and an increasing number of Wall Street analysts think that will happen.

Drexel Hamilton analyst Brian White, who is extremely bullish about Apple, has a lofty 12-month price target of $235 for the company's stock. In other words, he forecasts that Apple could be a $1.2 trillion company within a year.
    RBC Capital Markets analyst Amit Daryanani has also said Apple has the potential to achieve a trillion dollar market cap, and even surpass that valuation, by the end of 2018. His current price target for Apple shares is $190.

Apple could be the world's only trillion dollar company, but it wouldn't be the first. The spice trading Dutch East India Company, founded in 1602, was the first to go public and at one point was valued at over $7 trillion when adjusted for inflation.

Wall Street analysts, including White, have been prognosticating Apple becoming a trillion dollar company since as early as 2012.

Article Link: Apple is $100 Billion Away From Becoming World's Only Trillion Dollar Company

2. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

3. Baumi macrumors regular

Wow. And I'm just one billion dollar away from becoming my family's first billionaire…

4. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

For those of us that have stuck with, defended and been belittled for supporting Apple since the 70's, this is good.

Fully recognize the downfalls of such a big company, but man hearing "dooooomed" for literally decades was a pain...

5. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

And To think this company almost 20 years ago was in the ruins. And now they're almost the only company to be a 1 trillion Dollar business. Amazing.

6. SR71 macrumors 68000

7. Nunyabinez macrumors 68000

Nunyabinez

I remember when they used to say "a billion of anything is a lot."

8. scrapesleon macrumors regular

scrapesleon

9. mcfrazieriv macrumors 6502

mcfrazieriv

10. Return Zero macrumors 6502

Return Zero

I bought a few more shares just about a month ago when it was around $150. I'm definitely on the $200+ target train.

11. DipDog3 macrumors 65816

DipDog3

12. Jon Rowlison macrumors newbie

Give me a heads-up when it hits exactly $1T market cap... then I'll sell my shares and buy them back when it drops back to $900B.

13. djcerla macrumors 65816

djcerla

The stock is in slo elevator mode at the moment, after the positive earnings report.

One trillion should be a matter of a couple of months, barring World War III.

14. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

It actually only matters to people who are shareholders. Apple is only a company like every other company.

15. SlowX macrumors member

Wish they'd cross the line with another reinvention of the personal computer instead if a watch that blinks when it's time to feed the cat.

16. trusso macrumors regular

trusso

Now would be a good time for that Michael Dell quote. :D

17. neosupreeth macrumors newbie

The Dutch East India.. Thanks to all the plundering of all over the world!

18. StevieD100 macrumors 6502

StevieD100

I am beginning to wonder when the calls for Apple to be broken up will start to become really noticeable.

19. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

Whenever I think of Apple's financial success it brings a smile to my face, it seems to make the personal problems I have in my life disappear

20. ghostface147 macrumors 68020

ghostface147

21. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

This is crazy. Should have bought more stock a few years ago!

22. The Cappy macrumors member

"...within $100 billion of..."
    Said as if that's such a small amount of money. How we do get spoiled.

23. kemal macrumors 6502a

kemal

So If Apple lost a billion on a new Mac Pro, they would only have 899 billion to fall back on.

1. everything is about the Mac Pro.
    2. I want to be the angriest person over the Mac Pro.

24. fumi2014 macrumors member

Lol. They have nothing to be proud of. A third of that is probably owed in taxes. I love their products but have very little respect for them whatsoever as a company - wilful tax avoidance, China workers etc.

25. KingslayerG5 macrumors 6502a

KingslayerG5

Hope they help humanity with that money. Ya know, like what Bill Gates is doing?

I don't have cancer in my family but we have high blood, thyroid, and diabetes. If Apple finds a cure for most diseases, I would worship them forever. Not sell more products to create diseases. I don't want an Apple Watch with LTE on my wrist.

The irony if Apple finds the cure for cancer. Pancreatic cancer was the one that killed Steve Jobs. Even trying to be part of the food industry with organic foods would help. Samsung is diversified. Apple should too.

AR headset is nonsense to me. Another HoloLens. Another novelty toy to sell.