Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Righty McRighterson

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2017

Apple shares are currently trading for around $175, giving the iPhone maker a market cap of roughly $900 billion. The valuation puts Apple within $100 billion of becoming the world's only trillion dollar company.

apple-trillion.jpg

Apple shares will have to rise to around the $195 mark for the company to reach a trillion dollar valuation, depending on the rate of its share buybacks, and an increasing number of Wall Street analysts think that will happen.

Drexel Hamilton analyst Brian White, who is extremely bullish about Apple, has a lofty 12-month price target of $235 for the company's stock. In other words, he forecasts that Apple could be a $1.2 trillion company within a year.RBC Capital Markets analyst Amit Daryanani has also said Apple has the potential to achieve a trillion dollar market cap, and even surpass that valuation, by the end of 2018. His current price target for Apple shares is $190.

Apple could be the world's only trillion dollar company, but it wouldn't be the first. The spice trading Dutch East India Company, founded in 1602, was the first to go public and at one point was valued at over $7 trillion when adjusted for inflation.

Wall Street analysts, including White, have been prognosticating Apple becoming a trillion dollar company since as early as 2012.

Article Link: Apple is $100 Billion Away From Becoming World's Only Trillion Dollar Company
[doublepost=1510451102][/doublepost]As a high margin electronic gadget company Apples market valued is significantly less than Saudi Aramco at 2Tn +

From wiki:

"Saudi Aramco's market value has been estimated at between $2 trillion[6] and $10 trillion, making it the most valuable company in the world."

DarthMoops

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2010
Baltimore MD
Don't get too excited guys. I love Apple as much as anybody, but you might want to check out this story before you celebrate. A bubble is forming thanks to the Swiss Central Bank (note the stock sitting at the top).

"In the third quarter of 2017, one in which the global economy was supposedly undergoing an unprecedented "coordinated growth spurt", and in which central banks were preparing to unveil their QE tapering intentions, in the case of the ECB, or raising rates outright, at the Fed, what was really taking place was another central bank buying spree meant to boost confidence that things are now back to normal, using "money" freshly printed out of thin air, and spent to prop up risk assets around the world by recklessly buying stocks with no regard for price or cost.

While we are far beyond the point of debating central bank intervention in equity markets (we do want to remind readers that until several years ago, it was considered "fake news" to even mention it, and those who accused central bankers of manipulating stock markets were said to be paranoid tinfoil basement dwellers), we want to point out that unlike the BOJ, which at least keeps its capital markets distortion local, the SNB, which likewise creates money out of thin air (then sells it for dollars in an attempt to keep the Swiss franc depressed) is actively causing substantial price distortions in the US.

While we doubt this will be investigated with stocks are at all time highs, we look forward to the Congressional hearings after the crash when the scapegoating and fingerpointing begins as it always does, and everyone is "stunned" to learn that central banks were responsible for blowing the biggest asset bubble the world has ever seen by directly buying stocks.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-03/swiss-national-bank-now-owns-record-88-billion-us-stocks

Your post should have far more upvotes than it does. The FOMC will have as much effect on AAPL as sales and tech trends, lol maybe more.

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
I remember someone trying to make a sales pitch to me to join Amway as an independent business owner, saying they have over a "kabajillion" dollars of revenue. Never mind that they're awful people, but that's a meaningless figure since it's not like I'm getting ANY decent amount of that pie that's beyond "ultra trivial".

Here, hopefully, Apple can improve their products. I was smitten when I first got the Ipod Classic. I'm STILL using this, and when it no longer works, I'm going to buy another unit, 2nd hand/used. I was amazed at the iPod Touch 3, upgraded that to an IpT4, and then an IpT5. I ended up getting an iPad Air (used) at 50% off. That's about all I care to invest in apple products (maybe perhaps for now), but it was a fun experience!

These days, I just don't have the heart nor wallet for these "premium" products. That includes $800+ phones by Google/Samsung.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
[doublepost=1510451102][/doublepost]As a high margin electronic gadget company Apples market valued is significantly less than Saudi Aramco at 2Tn +

From wiki:

"Saudi Aramco's market value has been estimated at between $2 trillion[6] and $10 trillion, making it the most valuable company in the world."

Aramco has no established market value because it is not a public company.

Gasu E.

macrumors 603
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
Reactions: vowell1055

lysdexia

Suspended
Jul 15, 2007
Well, you have a nice imagination, because none of what you posted is true. R&D? And massive revenues only help the share holders, not the customer, it doesn’t work like that.
And it must have escaped you, but you do know Androids global market share is MUCH bigger then iOS right? So no, high iPhone sales do NOT attract developers, try again.
Punctuation doesn't work like that. How many Androids? bigger when? Dolt.
[doublepost=1512005785][/doublepost]
Yay!! Now if everyone on Earth would just hand over another $13.70 we could make our target!! Just think of all the good that could be done by a trillion USD corporation!! On the other hand, if AAPL could just plan their taxes a little better *wink-wink* maybe we could just spend that $100B making potable water available to a few hundred million people without it? naaahh, it would never work...
How about they stop breeding? Problem solved.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Punctuation doesn't work like that. How many Androids? bigger when? Dolt.
[doublepost=1512005785][/doublepost]
How about they stop breeding? Problem solved.

NEEEENAAAWWWWNNEEEENNAAWWWW WATCH OUT THE GRAMMER POLICE ARE HERE....

Which is another way of saying, a poster who cannot think of anything what so ever to say for the thread topic or a counter argument, and instead has a go at Apples spell and grammer checker... ironic really.

chatin

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2005
AAPL is running out of gas fast up 5% over the past three months. With the serious problems with X and "X" I would expect the stock to drop 10% by year-end.

lysdexia

Suspended
Jul 15, 2007
NEEEENAAAWWWWNNEEEENNAAWWWW WATCH OUT THE GRAMMER POLICE ARE HERE....

Which is another way of saying, a poster who cannot think of anything what so ever to say for the thread topic or a counter argument, and instead has a go at Apples spell and grammer checker... ironic really.
Grammer isn't a word you ****-witted likely-Celt. The word you meant to say is anyhow a barbarism, another word for composition when I correct diction. How many Apples?

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
Oh but Qualcomm is charging too much! Let's punish the customers by crippling their modems! Give them Intel, who cares if they can't do 4x4 MIMO / 256 QAM! We're only a year behind in technology for the modem in a $1k+ phone. It's cool.

By the way, let's rush out 11.2 because oops! Reboots!

I don't hate Apple but I just feel we're not seeing eye to eye here.

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2012
Germany
Great success story. But people should that an enormous amount of Apple‘s cash reserves are deployed somewhere off shore with no chance getting Its hands on without paying a awful amount of taxes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.