Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deeds500

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2014
I'm not going to be dramatic about this, but Apple is dead to me.

Okay, they were not sophisticated enough to imbed a touch id button under the screen so instead they go with Face ID. That's fine. But don't take us for fools by using Face ID as one of the X's big ticket items. I feel robbed. We already had a security measure in place, so what do they do, use an alternative security measure as a big new thing to come to iphone because they have hardly anything else to talk about, they have run out of ideas, there is nothing new with the X

Wireless charging. Yea great. Now iphone is only 2 years behind every other phone.

Oled display. Seriously is Apple that bereft of ideas that they have to talk about what every other ****ing smartphone in 2017 has?

Better camera and more powerful chip. This is what you can expect to be the big feature next year because they will have nothing new for next year so expect a better camera and a more powerful chip next year too.

This was supposed to be the biggy. This year Apple was supposed to come out of its post Steve Jobs shell and deliver. **** them, all they did was another incremental upgrade, and I'm talkking about the iphone x.

Where's the big softeare features? Still the same boring as ******* grid of apps, no ability to customise, not even split screen multitasking, it's 2017 for crying out loud. - "the most advanced mobile phone operating system" - yea right, pig's farking ass it is.

Time to start looking at the Note 8 because Apple is dead to me after this keynote.

Droidbricker

Suspended
Sep 13, 2016

Okay, they were not sophisticated enough to imbed a touch id button under the screen so instead they go with Face ID. That's fine. But don't take us for fools by using Face ID as one of the X's big ticket items. I feel robbed. We already had a security measure in place, so what do they do, use an alternative security measure as a big new thing to come to iphone because they have hardly anything else to talk about, they have run out of ideas, there is nothing new with the X

Wireless charging. Yea great. Now iphone is only 2 years behind every other phone.

Oled display. Seriously is Apple that bereft of ideas that they have to talk about what every other ****ing smartphone in 2017 has?

Better camera and more powerful chip. This is what you can expect to be the big feature next year because they will have nothing new for next year so expect a better camera and a more powerful chip next year too.

This was supposed to be the biggy. This year Apple was supposed to come out of its post Steve Jobs shell and deliver. **** them, all they did was another incremental upgrade, and I'm talkking about the iphone x.

Where's the big softeare features? Still the same boring as ******* grid of apps, no ability to customise, not even split screen multitasking, it's 2017 for crying out loud. - "the most advanced mobile phone operating system" - yea right, pig's farking ass it is.

Time to start looking at the Note 8 because Apple is dead to me after this keynote.
This is the only reason I visit Macrumors.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm not going to be dramatic about this
Ok, but then why post this:

but Apple is dead to me.

Seems like overly dramatic to me.

This was supposed to be the biggy.
And all of the leaks basically described what the phone was going to be to a "T" so this shouldn't have surprised or disappointed you.

Have fun with your piece of **** Samsung phone.
Actually Samsung phones are excellent, and all of the features of the X have been on the **** Samsung phone for years.

Deeds500

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2014
Wow, OP is so cool and sophisticated and awesome!

I wish I could be as cool and sophisticated and awesome as you, OP!

Is it too much to ask for the iphone to deliver something original and new? Iphone 4s was the last time that happened. And piece of **** Samsung??? Go check out the reviews of the Note 8, its capabilities leave the X looking like a dinosaur.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Wow, OP is so cool and sophisticated and awesome!

I wish I could be as cool and sophisticated and awesome as you, OP!

Really, why do people take it so personally when someone doesn't like the same phone as them??

That being said, I don't know why people need to make a thread about not liking a phone either. o_O

These companies have conditioned us to tie these devices to our very self identity. When you think about it, what phone people like and why shouldn't matter any more than their favourite colour.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Is it too much to ask for the iphone to deliver something original and new? Iphone 4s was the last time that happened. And piece of **** Samsung??? Go check out the reviews of the Note 8, its capabilities leave the X looking like a dinosaur.
What would you like to see new added to the iPhone? Smartphones have reached a peak where they do everything most people want them to do. Companies still come out with new gimmicks to sell people on upgrades, but they are getting close to new announcements being about as exciting as new appliances being announced.

sdwaltz

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2015
Indiana

Until 6 months from now when it starts freezing and randomly restarting. That is what Androids do. I love the idea of Android but in practice, they suck after 6 months of ownership. The "walled garden" approach from Apple creates a much more fluid, seamless experience.

Not to mention that even the 7 Plus runs circles around the Note in terms of everyday performance and that gap will only increase with the release of the X/8 Plus.

heckyeahinmyopinion

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2016

PREACH!!!! EXACTLY!
I'm going to start looking at them too. I have to educate myself on the android world though.

ctrlzone

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2017
why do you want new stuff?
i want working stuff
Apple is the wrong brand for you, bye

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009

Really? The iPhone X is about as different as I can imagine an iPhone being after 10 years.

Note 8 capabilities? You mean like how it's performance is matched by that of the 2 year old iPhone 6s?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
why do you want new stuff?
i want working stuff
Apple is the wrong brand for you, bye
Oh, IDK.
I had a working HTC Touch Pro running Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro from May 2009 to July 2013 when I passed it on to someone so they could keep their plan. It worked pretty well, despite being dropped several times and once kicked accidentally on a concrete sidewalk for 10 feet.

My iPhone 5 on the other hand has been replaced three times since September 2012.

On the third hand my 6s+ has been solid for two years.

Guess it just depends on what you get.

Last edited:

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
Well to be honest I expected pretty much what was announced so no surprises there. What I find highly insulting is all the stuff the have and they act like they are the first, paving the way for innovation and “defining the future of smartphone” when frankly everything seen here had appeared in other devices,
Let’s take a few examples:
OLED screens, really? Samsung has had it in their phones since the S2 probably
Edge to edge screen: again let’s look at Android phones
Wireless charging: same as above
“Revolutionary” Face ID: Windows says hello, same technology, mix of infrared with standard camera, can recognize you in the dark.
The iPhone X is a cool device, is what the iPhone should have been at least last year, but don’t come and try and fool anyone pretending you are innovating in every area. You are not.

And the premium price, the industry is going nuts charging so much for phones you replace every other year, and they are getting away with it because we keep buying.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
This is the only reason I visit Macrumors.

:D after prowling around a little, post-keynote, this is when I usually take a little vacation from even looking at this forum, just so I don't get a permanent vacation from the modsis by making comments about the commenters. The iPhone threads, between the time of a keynote and the start of pre-orders, sure do tend to make the PRSI forum look like a nap zone.

I'll just say that Apple is not dead to me yet. I liked what i saw in the keynote of the series 3 watch and the iPhone 8 anc X a lot. But, iPad upgrade is next on my list.

And so, back to the nap zone for moi.

sigmadog

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
just west of Idaho
Rule the OP needs to follow: Don't ever get caught being too emotionally invested in a for-profit company, unless you're one of the execs.

It's just a tech company. The products aren't "magical" no matter how many times Tim Cook says so. It's stuff, and "stuff" is not as important as you think.

Take a few deep breaths. Have an adult beverage. Get laid. Do whatever it takes to calm yourself over this colossal disappointment and realize in the end it matters very little.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.