Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has just sent out media invitations for its September 10 media event where the company is expected to introduce its next-generation iPhone hardware, reports The Loop. The event will begin at 10:00 AM Pacific Time and will be held at the company's headquarters in Cupertino, California. The tagline on the invitation reads "This should brighten everyone's day."

sep_2013_event_invite.jpg
The September 10 date was first reported by AllThingsD last month, and was quickly confirmed by a number of other sources. Official invitations for the event were expected today given Apple's usual one-week lead time before such events.

The event is expected to include the introduction of two new iPhone models: an iPhone 5S successor to the current iPhone 5 and a lower-cost iPhone 5C that will reportedly have internal components very similar to the iPhone 5 but wrapped in colorful new plastic shells. The event will undoubtedly also see a final preview of iOS 7 before it released to the public.

Apple has also been reported to be launching new iPad and iPad mini models later this year, but they will not be making an appearance at this event. A number of Mac updates are also expected in the coming months, but they too are likely to held for a later date in order to give full focus for this event to the iPhone.

Article Link: Apple Issues Invitations for September 10 Media Event: 'This Should Brighten Everyone's Day'

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
dual LED flash - brighten everyone's day...:D

(okay, I know they mean iPhone in colors..)

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
wahoo!! :D although im not getting a iPhone because I got the 5 already. Looking forward to iOS 7 and whatever else they release!

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Omg they are colored circles! Quick everybody try to figure out what that means!

scbn

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2010
Rumor confirmed! Can't wait!

Wasn't that a controlled leak to begin with? :p

goinskiing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Meridian, ID
Credit card at ready for iPhone 5S. I know it probably won't be the biggest iPhone upgrade in iPhone history, but my wife has my iPhone 5 right now and don't want an Android phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.